View Full Version : Wachusett?

JamesJet
11-01-2010, 08:01 PM
Anyone here fish it? I usually start around now and give it 3 or 4 tries in the fall for lakers / salmon. It really reminds me of surfcasting, walking and tossing tins. If anyone ever wants to go - drop me a PM.

goosefish
11-01-2010, 08:52 PM
I've always wanted to but haven't made the trip yet. There's another piece of water near there that I fish every fall for smallmouths.

RoyL
11-01-2010, 09:02 PM
I like fishing it this time of year for lakers, salmon, and monster rainbows. But since I moved south I never really go anymore. Point Judes kick @ss there

JamesJet
11-02-2010, 07:47 PM
Thats a good call, I always use Krocodiles and Kastmasters, but I'll try those. Any model you like better than another for that fishery?

tynan19
11-03-2010, 09:10 AM
3/4 sea scallop. James, it is about 5 min from my house. Salmon are doing there thing as well. Got this monster the other day.

vineyardblues
11-03-2010, 03:19 PM
3/4 sea scallop. James, it is about 5 min from my house. Salmon are doing there thing as well. Got this monster the other day.

Gezzz, now BigFish will be all over the place.
Thanks T

rizzo
11-03-2010, 06:08 PM
I live close by, been hitting it up regularly, lots of work - but pays off from time to time. I love that its a shore only deal, very little pressure overall! 3 pound 2 oz salmon - released in picture no. 1. The other picture shows a common problem in the rivers - herons spearing the fish and then leaving them to die.

O.D. Mike
11-03-2010, 08:12 PM
I like their Country ale, wrong topic?

saltydog
11-03-2010, 08:37 PM
rizzo, did you see lots of DEAD FISH, SEEMS to be more this usual:smash:
GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN

saltydog
11-03-2010, 08:40 PM
rizzo, did you see lots of DEAD FISH, SEEMS to be more than usual:smash:
RAIN tonight an tomorrow best head up while there still there.
GOOD LUCK GOOD FISHING

rizzo
11-04-2010, 06:15 AM
I've seen six dead total from the herons. I love how the stream gauge is constantly going up and down even though we've had no rain ;) These fish are very weather dependent!

tynan19
11-04-2010, 10:11 AM
And it is pouring now! Too bad when it rises it will be the weekend. Paul, I was the first one there the other day at sunrise and I spooked a whole bunch of herons walking up. Water is probably at about 1/2 it has been the last few years. Saw a few dead ones as well and plenty more swimming with large scars on their backs. Will probably play in the rain tomorrow.

rizzo
11-04-2010, 10:50 AM
Same here, will be out in the morning for a little looking for agressive ones. Fish in there now are all beat up. Most guys that fish there don't do much, they just clunk around all day and spook everything. You gotta be very stealthy and patient.

hq2
11-07-2010, 11:29 AM
Gave the 'chu a good look yesterday. Tried the railroad bridge, the causeway, worked up the Stillwater entrance, nada. Guy caught an O.K. rainbow near the causeway (bridge). I had some bites, saw a laker follow my lure near the causeway, that was it. Still maybe a little early for lakers; better near Thanksgiving. No action up at West Waushacum either.

saltydog
11-07-2010, 12:18 PM
Did you know there are STRIPERS in there. :uhuh: ACCORDING to list list of fish :) think Im going to take my tica 9' an toss some WOOD an see what happens. :smash:
GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN:cheers:

hq2
11-07-2010, 04:21 PM
If you really want to try some freshwater striped bass fishing, try in the Merrimack where it meets the Concord. I had one on so big a while ago I couldn't turn it. Don't eat any from the Concord, though; too contaminated.

RoyL
11-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Thats a good call, I always use Krocodiles and Kastmasters, but I'll try those. Any model you like better than another for that fishery?

Like Tynan said sea scallops, I like throwing them all the way to the 2oz model. I have also had great luck with the butterfish and pogee, but prefer the sea scallop. I take the siwash hook of tho and replace it with a black owner treble un dressed.

saltydog
11-08-2010, 07:44 AM
hq2, Im game, you want to go. P.M. Im ready anytime.:smash:
GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN:uhuh: