View Full Version : GWB

RIROCKHOUND
11-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Disagree with the man's policies and the ultimate outcome of his 8 years, HOWEVER, he was fantastic in the days and weeks post 9/11, AND

he's a pretty funny guy. Saw him on The Today show this AM. However history judges him, he has a sense of humor.

However; where is the outrage? How much does the secret service cost while he is selling his book? where is the outrage from the right? Newyourk on 500,000/day? :rotf2::rotf2::rotf2:

PaulS
11-10-2010, 10:00 AM
Look up the word ideologue.

scottw
11-10-2010, 10:02 AM
compared to Obama, Clinton and Carter...he's pretty much a hermit and not nearly as angry and demented....all of the cable and radio interviews have been done from the ranch as far as I know .....almost hilarious though....:fishin:

RIROCKHOUND
11-10-2010, 10:11 AM

Agree 100%, he believes what he did was right, period. However, it doesn't change the fact that he might be fun to have a beer with.

buckman
11-10-2010, 10:21 AM
I believe he is a great American with great values. He comes from good parents. His Dad was a true hero.

scottw
11-10-2010, 10:28 AM

done:uhuh:

PaulS
11-10-2010, 10:33 AM
Wasn't refering to Bush as an ideologue. I meant the people who complain about Obama's trip, lunch menu, dress, handshakes, greetings and any other petty thing they can think of (or read off of some extremist website).

scottw
11-10-2010, 10:36 AM
you meant..."idealogues" then and probably a different word...I know...HYPOCRITS!!!...:uhuh:...you forgot smoking and terrorist acquaintances

PaulS
11-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Thanks

JohnnyD
11-10-2010, 11:47 AM
Wasn't refering to Bush as an ideologue. I meant the people who complain about Obama's trip, lunch menu, dress, handshakes, greetings and any other petty thing they can think of (or read off of some extremist website).

Well put.

scottw
11-10-2010, 12:03 PM
how about hypocrits in the disguise of idealogues :rotf2:

RIJIMMY
11-10-2010, 12:18 PM

its pretty silly of you to spend time on a policial forum if you believe criticisms of the POTUS are petty. Feel free to applaud his actions, we'll listen. Why do you visit this area? Many of us dealt with 10X times the criticisms aimed at Bush for 8 years.

You believe these criticisms are petty because you take them individually. Thats a mistake. Many of us look at them as part of a broader critique, of which each criticism validates our initial perception of Obama.
I believe him to be arrogant, inexperienced, and far left wing. I also believe he looks at aspects of American culture , which I prize, with disdain.
I can back my opinion up with the following "petty" obvervations.
- the clinging to guns and religion comments
- bowing before the Saudi king
- continually ignoring public opion on major issues - health care, stimulus
- Continually addressing his critics and being defensive - immature for a president
- calling the GOP "enemies" during the election
- his comments that most americans shouldnt condemn spanish but should take the time to learn it themselves

I could go on and on. So what may seem petty to you, is really our way of constantly reflecting on our assesment and opinion of Obama and seeing if his actions change our opinion. I defended Ms Os trip to spain and think we should spend $$$$ to protect her. I try to look at both sides but with the big O he constantly lives up to the low expectatins O have of him.Unfortunately my observations make me think less of him almost daily.

PaulS
11-10-2010, 12:41 PM
Yup, starting a post b/c he ate a hamburger isn't petty:rotf2:

buckman
11-10-2010, 01:12 PM

Your what my kids would call a "fun vac":biglaugh: