View Full Version : >>>>>>>>D E P R E S S E D <<<<<<<<<<

Clammer
11-10-2010, 04:25 PM
1ST time in 32 years that my boat is out of the water for the winter ......... they sent 5 of us a winter slip fee ;[1st time] mine was for 630.00 .
I don,t have that kind of money to shovel snow & chop ice .....................................its going to beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee a long f uxkin winter :wall::wall:

Clammer
11-10-2010, 04:29 PM
@#$%^&*(:fishin:

justplugit
11-10-2010, 04:30 PM
Ouch, that's outrageous. :(

Duke41
11-10-2010, 04:44 PM
use a boat ramp you can do it Clammsy

Raven
11-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Yeah ..what Duke said...

it's close enough.... RIGHT?

plenty of sunny weather to come...

Nature's playin tricks on us

timmah
11-10-2010, 04:59 PM
they did that to my brother a couple years back except they called it an "In water winter storage fee" of $800.

That sucks, try the town docks.

Sea Dangles
11-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Mine had to be out by Nov. 1st.
Nice boat, you and Paulie are twins.

nightfighter
11-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Time to trailer it south for an extended Florida escapade....Time you became a snowbird anyway. :grins:

Actually, I feel your pain. Still haven't winterized or covered mine yet. Hoping for one or two more days this month, but I feel the window closing fast as I have no T-top or canvas....

JohnR
11-10-2010, 06:33 PM
Time to trailer it south for an extended Florida escapade....Time you became a snowbird anyway. :grins:

Gonna be a long bleepin drive for me to fix his computer :smash:
Mike - there is the tinboat, right?

goosefish
11-10-2010, 06:57 PM
I feel your pain. Fee increases can really bind the gut.

Clammer
11-10-2010, 08:49 PM
yEAH /
its tin boat time /

its more the idea than anything else ....knowing I can,t take it out for a dig or run up to providence sucks ;;

that boats too heavy for me to launch alone .. ask Denis .. he & Jimmy gave me a hand & with todays wind it would have been a fuster cluck alone :smash:

Van
11-10-2010, 11:56 PM
That really SUX.

Welcome to the 2000's ++..........:smash::smash:
It's all about the benjamins...:fury:

iamskippy
11-11-2010, 12:02 AM
i am willing to volunteer my services to assist in launch it :) Just let me know!

Mr. Sandman
11-11-2010, 07:09 AM
Everyone is looking for more cash these days. Raising rates and charging for things that use to be freebies. Hey look at it this way, for the past 32 years you kept it in the water for free!

I am still in and while the weather for the past week indeed sucked, this weekend looks do-able. Going to try for the white chins one more time I figure. I want to go offshore but I am too lazy to get everything together to make the run.

Fat lady is warming up.:fury:

Clammer
11-11-2010, 09:38 AM
Sand,

it wasn,t free ....... there were years we spent 1/2 the day breaking ice @ the expense of our boats to keep their marina together ;;;

YEAH IT WAS A REAL SMART MOVE ON thier part ........ only 5 of us stay the winter / myself / another digger,fisherman,hunter .he,s stays in too deer hunt & three full time diggers that are all over 55y/o . that alot of money to a multi dollar marina >B/S
they all left .. to another marina / with better winer access for $100.00 & if the want they can stay there next spring for $15.00 less per foot .
seems to me they lost 5 great client for GREED :uhuh::uhuh:

RIJIMMY
11-11-2010, 09:48 AM
Mike, think of all the time you can spend now polishing the hull and waxing it down!

JohnR
11-11-2010, 10:17 AM
Mike, think of all the time you can spend now polishing the hull and waxing it down!

And buff out some of those holes!

Saltheart
11-11-2010, 12:02 PM
They get people on both ends of the economic swings. Now , when business is bad and they have many empty slips all summer , they bang you for an increased winter fee and justify it by how they need the money do to the bad economy.

Now go back to say 2002 when the economy was booming. They doubled the fees for my mooring in one season. The same moring cost twice as much one season to the next and it wasn't cheap to start with. They justify by "supply and demand. Then they could rent out every slip at whatever price they wanted.

In the long run they lose customers as Clammer posted about. When they doubled the in season fees and almost all other marinas followed suit I sold the boat. Now with them squeezing the guys who brave the winters in the water , they will lose customers again.

Sure some marinas are more customer friendly than others but over 3 decades of being a customer , I dound that all marinas will get you for all they can.

Sorry to hear it happening to life long , year round guys like Clammer though. I was an April 1 to Dec 1 guy. The guys who fight the winters are really dedicated and its a shame the marinas would screw them.

denis
11-11-2010, 07:12 PM
LOL-LOL_LOL_LOL-good one,rijim

Clammer
11-11-2010, 08:02 PM
RIJ

I DON,T MESS WITH SUCCESS ><><>..................:drool::fishin:

piemma
11-12-2010, 10:00 AM
Mike, I left last year because of the games they were playing with me. The final straw that broke the camels back was $400 to winterize a 90HP outboard and another $400 to shrink wrap a Sea Hunt 172.

Just had a 115 and the boats water systems winterized for less than $250.