View Full Version : Veterans Day Valour IT Drive

JohnR
11-11-2010, 08:16 AM
Please join me in donating to today to some wounded veterans, whether Wounded Warrioers, Valour IT, or your local VFW. If you can give $5, 10, 20, 50, more, whatever, every little but helps. I just through in $100 so will any of you match me, shout out :wave:

Valour IT

Link is on the front page or here: Striped-Bass Fishing | Veterans Day Drive - Soldiers Angels (http://striped-bass.com/striper-fishing/index.php/component/content/article/40/179-veterans-soldiers-angels)

Project Valour-IT, in memory of SFC William V. Ziegenfuss, helps provide voice-controlled/adaptive laptop computers and other technology to support Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines recovering from hand wounds and other severe injuries. Technology supplied includes:

Voice-controlled Laptops - Operated by speaking into a microphone or using other adaptive technologies, they allow the wounded to maintain connections with the rest of the world during recovery.
Wii Video Game Systems - Whole-body game systems increase motivation and speed recovery when used under the guidance of physical therapists in therapy sessions (donated only to medical facilities).
Personal GPS - Handheld GPS devices build self-confidence and independence by compensating for short-term memory loss and organizational challenges related to severe TBI and severe PTSD.

Valour-IT is a 501(c)(3)

HESH2
11-11-2010, 08:59 AM
i'm in also interpid fallen hero's fund

JohnR
11-11-2010, 10:14 AM
i'm in also interpid fallen hero's fund

That's a great program too.

RIJIMMY
11-11-2010, 10:25 AM
thanks John, donation made!

JohnR
11-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Thanks Jimmy!

How 'bout some more Veterans Day Love :gh:?

BTW - this is a 501(c)3 so you will get a receipt you can add to your deductions next year. I have done this 4 out of the last 5 years IIRC.