View Full Version : Oldest Saltwater Fly Fishing Club to Meet

Old Saltfly
11-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Rhody Fly Rodders, the oldest salt water fly fishing club in America will be meeting November 16 (third Tuseday of the month) at Riverside Sportsman Club. We meet at Riverside Sportsman Club, Riverside (East Providence) RI. Doors open at 6:15 pm with fly tying. Presentation for the evening will be Fly Fishing for Striped Bass by Gene Matteson.

You are welcomed, bring a friend

Armand Courchaine, RFR President

saltydog
11-14-2010, 07:48 AM
Armand, cant make this one BUT PLEASE p.m. OR E-MAIL ILL take a run down w/you. Im 4 miles away from you, you old goat, :smash: at the fly show last year you said you would call about going fishin:wall: never heard a word, PM me im always around, I got a meeting Im going to up North P.I. SURFCASTERS, that same night.
did you ever catch anything on the FLY I GAVE YOU.:uhuh:
GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN:cheers:

Old Saltfly
11-14-2010, 03:08 PM
Been out a few time this past season fishing with a friend of mine (known over 35 years) got bass, blues, no albies. Been bass and pickerel fishing.

May be next year the club might make a run to Montauk for blitz - bass, blues and albies.

old friend,
Armand

striperman36
11-14-2010, 03:43 PM
He an old guy isn't he/

striperman36
11-14-2010, 03:43 PM
Armand, cant make this one BUT PLEASE p.m. OR E-MAIL ILL take a run down w/you. Im 4 miles away from you, you old goat, :smash: at the fly show last year you said you would call about going fishin:wall: never heard a word, PM me im always around, I got a meeting Im going to up North P.I. SURFCASTERS, that same night.
did you ever catch anything on the FLY I GAVE YOU.:uhuh:

He doesn't use a computer

saltydog
11-16-2010, 08:19 AM
striperman36, WOW Armand or Me :smash:

ARMAND, did you fish here this year, pic.1

thats my son w/ the trout an my Daughter in the background.
still fish around dress warm, so what are you TYIN.
GOOD LUCK GOOD FISHIN:uhuh:

Old Saltfly
01-01-2011, 09:11 AM
Do I know you??? Send me message.
You are invited to next Rhody Fly Rodders meeting, January 18, third Tuesday. Free coffee, no charge at the door.

saltydog
01-01-2011, 09:31 AM
Old Saltfly, thanks for taking the time having me along at the meeting last month was great to see a good number of guys there, an the slide show was excelent. Ill give you a call for NEXT MEETING.
thanks for the tip on the tinsel :uhuh: showed them my card an got more off. have a great new year see you around.

striperman36
01-01-2011, 09:32 AM
Of course you know me Armand.

You've actually been on my boat and fixed wiring in my house.

striperman36
01-01-2011, 09:33 AM
striperman36, WOW Armand or Me :smash:

ARMAND, did you fish here this year, pic.1

thats my son w/ the trout an my Daughter in the background.
still fish around dress warm, so what are you TYIN.
GOOD LUCK GOOD FISHIN:uhuh:

A fish actually caught on the Swift!!

saltydog
01-02-2011, 09:54 AM
striperman36, him an his sister fish it year round. I made it a couple of times, saw some BIG SALMON, we coldent get them to hit anything:wall: I even tried triditional streamers, they just dont like my flies:gh:
GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN:uhuh:

striperman36
01-02-2011, 10:30 AM
striperman36, him an his sister fish it year round. I made it a couple of times, saw some BIG SALMON, we coldent get them to hit anything:wall: I even tried triditional streamers, they just dont like my flies:gh:
GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN:uhuh:

They like Armand's flies but not mine. I think they let me in the stream to entertain themselves, they swim all around me.