View Full Version : Act Now to Help Fix the Current Crisis in Federal Marine Fisheries Management

MakoMike
11-18-2010, 01:23 PM
Go to KeepAmericaFishing - National Issues (http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/o/6394/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=2596) and register your objections.

Mr. Sandman
11-18-2010, 03:12 PM
I think fishery management in this country is now an unfixable problem. Too many agencies with overlapping authority and incompetence and fraud is rampant throughout. I think it would be easier to colonise mars than to fix what is wrong with all these fish management agencies.

Raider Ronnie
11-18-2010, 04:17 PM
No different than trying to fix Ma. politics.
Too far gone, too many on the take, too much corruption ect.............

niko
11-18-2010, 04:51 PM
didn't we just have a banner year for black sea bass, they were everywhere - boston, duxbury, never mind bb and vinyard sound. am i missing something - the population seems like it's in great shape. 1,2, or 3 fish limits - that's just crazy

MakoMike
11-18-2010, 05:36 PM
I think fishery management in this country is now an unfixable problem. Too many agencies with overlapping authority and incompetence and fraud is rampant throughout. I think it would be easier to colonise mars than to fix what is wrong with all these fish management agencies.

AFAIK the only agency with any authority over salt water fish in federal waters is NOAA/NMFS. The only agency with authority over salt water fish in state waters is, effectively, the ASMFC.

Mr. Sandman
11-22-2010, 08:17 AM
I had to look up what "AFAIK" was... (LOL!) I thought it could be another fishery agency.

What does the DMF do then?

JohnR
11-22-2010, 08:35 AM
What does the DMF do then?

DMF has to fit the ASMFC Square Pegs into the local Round Holes.

Go to KeepAmericaFishing - National Issues and register your objections.

Before we go to quick down this path - who sponsors KeepAmericaFishing ? And what are their goals?