View Full Version : Congratulations

UserRemoved1
11-24-2010, 11:57 AM
That's something to be proud of jackwad.

Military Pegs Hourly Air Force One Cost at $180G, as Obama Sets Travel Record - FoxNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/11/24/military-pegs-hourly-air-force-cost-g-obama-sets-travel-record/)

UserRemoved1
11-24-2010, 12:00 PM
Exactly how many hours to and from New Delhi was that? :smash:

I'm DYING to hear this math from anyone (SPENCE?) who defended his recent lollapaloozing.....

Raven
11-24-2010, 12:11 PM
IT'S NOT A PLANE dood

ITS a flying white house:confused:
with several other jets tagging along
plus a plane in the air for refueling too

wondering what it costs to also
run the white house too ->per day

in addition to that....

UserRemoved1
11-24-2010, 12:30 PM
I don't care if it's a flying toilet. At $180G an hour that means it cost the AMERICAN PEOPLE more than TWO AND A HALF MILLION DOLLARS EACH WAY for his last little junket.

WASTED.

Piscator
11-24-2010, 12:51 PM
Not too long ago the British Prime Minister flew Commercial on British Airways to New York. Prime Minister typically flies on a military plan or a regular chartered 747 (just like most College/Professional sports team would do).

I don't think our President should be flying commercial and that necessary measures should be taken to secure the Presidents safety as well as our National Security but 180 large and hour is extreme to say the least.

I’m conservative for the most part and definitely not a fan of Obama but President G. W. Bush actually commissioned the current, more advanced, Air Force one because when en he took office from Clinton it was “antiquated”

PaulS
11-24-2010, 12:51 PM
I thought the trip to India cost $200,000,000 a day?

UserRemoved1
11-24-2010, 01:10 PM
It's certainly starting to add up to it isn't it :rotf2:

I thought the trip to India cost $200,000,000 a day?

spence
11-24-2010, 01:51 PM
I'm DYING to hear this math from anyone (SPENCE?) who defended his recent lollapaloozing.....
Did you actually read the article? It makes two pretty important points.

Point 1, that the hourly cost probably is higher not because Obama is spending more, but rather that previous estimates were inaccurate.

Point 2, that indeed Obama has set a new record for travel days overseas in his first two years...by (you didn't read it did you?) a staggering single day at 55 to 54 over GWB.

To reflect the goodwill of this holiday season, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and round the number up to 1 percent :rotf2::rotf2::rotf2:

God forbid the POTUS who inherited two wars, a terrible recession and generally speaking a lot of global discontent would spend some time on the road to further our interests.

1%!

-spence

JohnR
11-24-2010, 02:28 PM
Add salaries of support personnel not immediately there and its probably more than that. But it something that I dcan't fault. Security issues are different today than in Clinton's time.

Having said that, I wish O (and W) could get back to Clinton's spend what you take in - not more. Global security issues // $$ might be different story - can't go back.

scottw
11-24-2010, 03:13 PM
God forbid the POTUS who inherited two wars, a terrible recession and generally speaking a lot of global discontent would spend some time on the road to further our interests.

1%!

-spence

with his track record...he...and we...would be much better off if he just stayed home and worked on his putting....he's the anti-Midas

oops..there I go again...gotta find an unflattering picture...be right back...