View Full Version : Air Compressor

JamesJet
11-24-2010, 10:57 PM
I am looking for some recommendations on a portable air compressor. It will get light use, realistically mostly to facilitate closing down the plumbing of our cape house 6 -8 times a year, as I plan on doing it for a peace of mind every time we are down there between now and say March. Secondarily it will be used for cleaning things, and some nail gun use for shingling and small projects around the place (of course the beach / boat tubes, tires etc).

Should I trust used on CL? Refurbished from Northern? Or new? Any brands and aspects I should be looking for? Finally any useful applications I may not be thinking of?

BigFish
11-24-2010, 11:05 PM
Go to one of the BIG BOX stores and just spring for a new Porter Cable pancake compressor! $199 and they usually come with the hose and a nail gun!!

tysdad115
11-24-2010, 11:14 PM
James I just bought a 6 gallon compressor kit at lowes included finish gun, stapler, brad nailer,hose, fittings, oil and 1000 nails for each gun.$249.00 all bostich. Well worth it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

UserRemoved1
11-25-2010, 07:12 AM
The time to buy it is TOMORROW

I have had very good luck with Craftsman compressors...and you can buy REPAIR parts....like the reed valves which went on one because I ran it too much and overheated it....replaced the reed valves and saved a expensive compressor... Can't do that if you buy at lowes etc.

Slipknot
11-25-2010, 10:13 AM
my buddy recently got a nice deal on a Dewalt compact compressor, came with a nail gun

very lightweight

buy tom. when prices are chopped

striperman36
11-25-2010, 01:05 PM
HarborFreight has one for 39.99

with coupon.

3 Gallon, 100 PSI Oilless Pancake Air Compressor (http://www.harborfreight.com/3-gallon-100-psi-oilless-pancake-air-compressor-95275.html?utm_source=direct&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=4710b)