View Full Version : Vick...

afterhours
11-28-2010, 07:56 PM
last week the pundits mentioned him in the same breath as brady and peyton.....he sure does'nt look to me like he belongs in canton.

ProfessorM
11-28-2010, 08:02 PM
Yeah come down to earth. Friggin Bills suck. How could that guy drop that ball. I hate Pittsburgh. Green bay and Atlanta was a great game. Giants lucked out also, I hate them too.:)

nightfighter
11-29-2010, 07:24 AM
Vick amazes me more every time I watch him play. Definitely matured. Accuracy and touch right up there with anyone playing. Some of those passes are pinpoint lasers. 50 yard strike was with a flick of his wrist on the opening play two weeks ago. I'm impressed. But more so with how he has been changed as a man, at least from what the public can see....

The iggles D was horrendous to nonexistant yesterday

luds
11-29-2010, 09:27 AM
I'm impressed. But more so with how he has been changed as a man, at least from what the public can see....

All the public sees is his play and they base their opinion on that. Changed man? Give me a break. Society is way too forgiving when athletes are concerned.

PaulS
11-29-2010, 11:06 AM
All the public sees is his play and they base their opinion on that. Changed man? Give me a break. Society is way too forgiving when athletes are concerned.

Don't know what he does in private but he has been appearing with the humane society discussing animal cruelty. The humane society says that he seems sincere and has done everything that they have asked.

If he ever fed my wife's cat to some pit bulls, I think I'd take my wife in a fight with him. She's been training in kick boxing at the gym for years:rotf2:

luds
11-29-2010, 11:17 AM
The humane society says that he seems sincere and has done everything that they have asked.

You think they would turn down the free PR opportunity to use him as a spokesman? It would be more likely for Big Ben to start respecting women.

JackK
11-29-2010, 11:43 AM
No matter if Vick is actually changed or not... His fall from grace and subsequent "redemption" has done more to raise public awareness of dogfighting than any amount of PR ever could do.

In all seriousness, who really paid that much attention to it before Vick was busted? I mean it's a loathesome practice, but at least up here in the NE we don't hear that much about it. But once he was taken down it became national news and everyone was talking about it. For all I know he quarters pomeranians on his spare time... But even the PETA people admit what he's done has really spearheaded a movement to crack down on dogfighting.

Onto the game...

Birds were just flat in all phases. D was a let down, wish that CB you guys let walk had played, he would have made a serious difference. ST's gave up too many big plays. Offense had more dropped balls and TDs... Flashbacks from the NYG game. Basically came down to RZ issues... FG's won't do it when CHI is getting touchdowns.

Home field advantage is a big thing... Eagles players were slipping all over the field.

Plus it looks like Djack is starting up his diva act again. Hopefully a game against Houston will make him happy.

I'm torn on Vick... He's an electrifying player, and immense credit needs to be given to Reid, Morninwheg and Urban for coaching him up and actually making him go through progressions, rather than just t#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g and running. He's adapted to the WCO amazingly well, which I didn't anticipate at the start of the season. His style simply makes me nervous, though... He has serious injury history, and is worthless if he gets KO'ed before the playoffs. At this point I can't see him not being our starter next year, but I still think I'd rather tag him then trade for a 1, spend our first two picks on solid OL, then proceed with Kolb. Vick's mobility has made all the difference with our patchwork OL this year.

PaulS
11-29-2010, 02:11 PM
You think they would turn down the free PR opportunity to use him as a spokesman? It would be more likely for Big Ben to start respecting women.

No, I don't think they would turn down free PR. However, Vick and the Humane Society were in New Haven last week talking to some school kids. I doubt other than people in the local area knew that so to me it was a low key event. From what I read, he has gone far beyond what he was required to do and I haven't seen anything where Vick is acting like a spokesman for the HS. It could certainly be that he is trying to repair his image but I still think he is poison for an advertiser. He paid a tremendous price (deservidly so) for what he did and I'm not trying to defend him.

Does Ben R. respect woman now? Probably not, but I also think he won't be grabbing girls and doing them in the bathroom of a bar anymore.