View Full Version : West Wall Saturday

Homerun04
03-27-2003, 09:57 PM
It's gonna be pretty warm this Saturday....planning to throw some plastics off the West Wall....any reports of schoolies yet down in the Matunuck, WW area, or do you think I'm wasting my time???

Please reply locals.......

:cool:

Joe
03-27-2003, 10:06 PM
If you have everything ready for the season, and you are dying to fish, then go.
But you would be better off tying eel leaders and replacing all the old hooks on your plugs if you have not done it yet. Save the gas and do all the preparation you can to save time for fishing when the real season starts.
There will be a few micro bass - but there will not be too many caught. It will be very, very, spotty.

Scotch Bonnet
03-27-2003, 10:07 PM
I say go cause you never know. I may join you around dusk. If the wind is right..................???

JohnR
03-27-2003, 10:27 PM
Go - 4 or 5 years ago we had a crappy winter and I had my first dozen fish in the 3rd week of March - they might be there now with a warm days & SW winds! Where the hell is Tommy Maguire when you want him!

fishweewee
03-27-2003, 10:28 PM
WW should be ripe with gull turds by now.:smash:

Clammer
03-27-2003, 10:52 PM
hot club looks like a better shot //////////////////

STEVE IN MASS
03-28-2003, 07:22 AM
Rumor has it that there were some small bass caught on Monday, though the report was from somewhere west of the West Wall......

mrmacey
03-28-2003, 07:29 AM
theres only one way to find out GET OUT THERE!! enjoy the sun, wind, air who cares if you get skunked its all about being out there right!!

03-28-2003, 07:46 AM
Saucey,
I say go and give it a try, it's been pretty warm for the past two weeks and the water temps are creeping up, you might get a few. Let us know how you make out.......

Homerun04
03-28-2003, 08:45 AM
Thanks for the feedback folks......if weather permitting (and wife's schedule as well), I might try to get some casts in Saturday afternoon with my 11 yo daughter......father/daugther time. I'll post if I get any micros.......

bloocrab
03-28-2003, 11:51 AM
....way off topic, but I spoke with a New Joisyian yesterday....he said keepers have been caught for a couple of weeks already...

....another week for WW, better off trying in the pond for HO's...

JohnR
03-28-2003, 12:22 PM
Bloo - it depends. If you want to be one of the first @ the WW, you should be there by now. The fish that hit there are likely holdovers from the salt ponds or fish out of the Thames anyway...

I have now heard from a few sources that a carcass (fileted :rollem: ) of a 20+ pounder were found well inside Quonny Breachway :D - chew on Dat! :laughs:

STEVE IN MASS
03-28-2003, 01:23 PM
Same rumor as I asked you about, John?

JohnR
03-28-2003, 01:47 PM
Steve - appears that way :D but with a little more detail...

HR - if you are going to go, Saturday might be the better day. Forecast calls for hard south wind which can be OK, much prefer SW though and some decent temps. Later in the evening it supposed to switch NW so if you are lucky, you'll have a wind slowly winding thru SW. If I had to put odds on fish there Saturday afternoon I'd say 30% chance :D ...