View Full Version : MS Security Essentials and Kaspersky

Saltheart
12-01-2010, 10:37 PM
Got a free after rebate Kaspersky antivirus program. $59-$59 rebate at staples. (Staples rebates are nice and easy , you do it online as part of the checkout , no mail in , no cutting bar codes off boxes , etc).

Anyway the question is , can you run Kaspersky and the MS Security Essentials at the same time?

I actually feel guity about go with Kaspersky after Dr Web free has been so good so long but it was free. If I ever have to actually have to pay for a program , I would feel really good about buying Dr Web.

iamskippy
12-01-2010, 11:06 PM
IMHO Kaspersky isn't what it use to be, it use to be prob the best out there but its become commercialized like the rest, i wouldn't use it even for free.

But to answer your question i wouldn't run them both at the same time, you will cause conflict issues for yourself. Anytime you run similar software like that its DOOOM!

Saltheart
12-02-2010, 10:50 PM
Got out the Symantec AV which is a tough think to do. The MS Security essential came out easily. Loaded Kaspersky and the whole security system is woking fine. No slow internet unless its actually scanning and even then , not too bad. I am really intrested to see how well the realtime protection and the website protection works. The website protection does slow things a little but not too bad. You have the option of using it or not each time you open the browser. If it works it will be the best thing yet for virus defense.