View Full Version : More leaves....

nightfighter
12-02-2010, 07:28 AM
Last nights wind deposited a fresh layer of leaves all over my twice previously swept yard.... Gotta love those upwind neighbors who don't give a damn. I had blown the "last" of them into a big pile curbside and had a landscraper bud vacuum them up for me yesterday, before the wind blew them all over the place. Guess the Echo backpack isn't quite done for the season yet....

Raven
12-02-2010, 09:16 AM
if they are OAK leaves ya bag em , their tanic acid content prevents things
from growing and they take forever to decompose

if they are maple leaves ya grind em, better for the lawn to make worm food
out of them than to haul them away

oak leaves when dry won't crunch in your hand to bits
maple leaves will.

basswipe
12-04-2010, 10:39 AM
Know how you feel nightfighter.Got a neighbor who won't take care of business.I've already done 65 bags this fall,with the last 25 completely coming from neighbors yard.

Slingah
12-04-2010, 11:13 AM
Know how you feel nightfighter.Got a neighbor who won't take care of business.I've already done 65 bags this fall,with the last 25 completely coming from neighbors yard.

tell me about it....it doesn't pay to get a jump on it when you have lazy neighbors.....next year I wait :uhuh:

nightfighter
12-04-2010, 02:07 PM
Another neighbor, who was also on the receiving end of the leaves, has put a snow fence up around two sides of the offending neighbor's property..... after blowing the leaves out of his yard into theirs!:rotf2:

Nebe
12-04-2010, 02:08 PM
They're called leaves not takes.. in other words, I leave em where they fall.. :hihi:

basswipe
12-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Another neighbor, who was also on the receiving end of the leaves, has put a snow fence up around two sides of the offending neighbor's property..... after blowing the leaves out of his yard into theirs!:rotf2:

Jane and I discussed this two weeks ago.We wil be putting up a snow fence halloween week next year.

UserRemoved1
12-04-2010, 04:29 PM
I blow all my leaves to the neighbors yard across the street.

Oh %$%$%$%$ he reads this board :wave: :hee:

BigFish
12-05-2010, 08:25 AM
My neighbors are pretty good.......I will do mine if they do theirs....otherwise the leaves are left for the culprit who put them there to take them away...Mother Nature!! I love the idea of the snow fence though! That will not only keep the leaves out but send a clear message to the offending neighbor!!:uhuh:

Raider Ronnie
12-05-2010, 08:45 AM
Late fall I cut my lawn VERY low a few times.
Then I watch some of my neighbors clean their leaves on a weekly basis. :smash:
Usually the weekend after thanksgiving is when I clean up the leaves.
Every year they seem to be blown in piles in the same areas so I have minimal raking/blowing.
4-5 hrs with my kids and 1 or 2 loads in one of my dump trucks and done.

BigFish
12-05-2010, 12:05 PM
You do it smart Ronnie as do I! I love the people that start real early and wind up raking the yard 12 times!!! Come on people!!!:smash: Do it once ya dunce!!!:smash:

Backbeach Jake
12-05-2010, 12:25 PM
Mulching mower.....that is all.....