View Full Version : How do I delete search history

nightfighter
12-02-2010, 06:20 PM
I use comcast.net as homepage. Just lazy. Has a search bar at top, enhanced by Google. If I hit down arrow, the history of searches comes up. How do I delete the search history?

Raven
12-02-2010, 06:24 PM
go into my computer then control panel
internet
files saved -> in there

nightfighter
12-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Couldn't find anything there. I regularly delete browsing history , temp files and cookies. :wall:

PRBuzz
12-02-2010, 06:54 PM
I use comcast.net as homepage. Just lazy. Has a search bar at top, enhanced by Google. If I hit down arrow, the history of searches comes up. How do I delete the search history?

Try pressing: ctrl+shift+del

Seems to be the same command in either IE or Chrome

nightfighter
12-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Thanks Buzz. It worked. also checked off to delete forms data when deleting internet options. Was checking on an old flame and didn't need that name showing up so easily as I have someone else who has access to my computer......:smash:

PRBuzz
12-02-2010, 07:05 PM
Another good setting is in Internet Options: "Delete browsing history on exit" . You can also specify a number of days upon which to clear history.

Good for teenagers that don't want their parents to know where they have been.:smash:

nightfighter
12-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Already had that set for myself.... Some of the other searches were definitely my 17 yo son's as most were fantasy football related, as well as the old m i l f standby he had on there. I would have gotten the heat for that one, but not as much as the name of the flame..... Some cutty crew guys know of whom I speak. Woulda been a world of chit for me if that name popped up for my LTGF...... Thanks

Saltheart
12-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Thanks Buzz. It worked. also checked off to delete forms data when deleting internet options. Was checking on an old flame and didn't need that name showing up so easily as I have someone else who has access to my computer......:smash:

Be careful when playing with fire Ross! :)