View Full Version : dragons two

stiff tip
12-13-2010, 07:35 AM
help if this thing works it would be great for 1 finger me. does anyone know about it . does it work . im a dummy:wall: when it comes to this stuff....tanks

Raven
12-13-2010, 10:27 AM
voice recognition software still has a ways to go DAVE

and you will have to repeat yourself often or correct typos
still as it is NOT a perfect science yet.

you have to enunciate perfect ENGLISH until the software
begins to learn your speech habits over time.

DRAGON software only seems to be SOLD during the holidays
or that's when i see it promoted heavily.

JohnR
12-13-2010, 10:55 AM
It is not bad but it is also not perfect. I have some of my clients running this. You need to clearly speak into a good microphone and stay on top of corrections. I've been thinking of getting it as well.

Best price I've seen currently: Buy.com - Dragon NaturallySpeaking Home 11.0 (http://www.buy.com/prod/dragon-naturallyspeaking-home-11-0/q/sellerid/12169202/loc/105/216679593.html)

Moving thread to Scuppers...

Clammer
12-13-2010, 11:05 AM
I guess then it would be a fuster cluk for me ><><><><:fury:

Nebe
12-13-2010, 11:06 AM
I love hearing people say this program sucks. Can you say "car" with an R ? Lol.

Maybe Clammer has been using this %^£#!>#€£%% program all along. :)
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Saltheart
12-13-2010, 11:36 AM
It seems like the comments on this program have not changed in 10 years. i installed it 10 or more years ago. Then you had a longer training session than now as the computer tried to pick up on your personal speak habits. In the end I dumped it. In addition to being a pain to correct errors every few words , it just totally swamped the machines resources. everything slowed to a crawl. By the comments above , nothing has changed in ten years. i did see the program deeply discounted seberal times on email spam. If you are handicapped it may be worth it but if you just suffer from brain farts when typing , its best to just keep hunting and pecking.

PRBuzz
12-13-2010, 11:44 AM
Vista and Win7 come with a version of voice recognition installed, look for it in Control Panel "speech recognition" and follow instructions. I activated on one computer with lots of RAM (6GB) and spent an hr plus training to recognize my voice. Seemed to be OK but I haven't used since the testing phase.

If you have the ability to try this, you can give it a test run to see what you think of voice recognition before purchasing Dragon?

stiff tip
12-14-2010, 01:13 PM
cant type, or spell .i,ll try it for christmas, and let u know ......