View Full Version : Amazon Kindle reader

DMenace
12-13-2010, 10:36 PM
Any one else got one? My wife just got me one and I like it. I'm wondering if anyone else knows the in's and out's of it. Are there other sites, other than Amazon, where you can get free books? Can people swap/loan books they have on their Kindle to another Kindle owner? If so, and if there are other Kindle owners here, is that something some one who has the know how could set up?

Rob Rockcrawler
12-14-2010, 05:00 AM
I just bought one as a gift and amazon screwed up and sent me two of em. I hope you can get some good fishing books on the thing.

Chunkah
12-14-2010, 11:38 AM
I've got kindle on my Android ...its pissah...there are some good fishing books on there.

Not much help I know ....

WESTPORTMAFIA
12-14-2010, 11:41 AM
I just bought one as a gift and amazon screwed up and sent me two of em. I hope you can get some good fishing books on the thing.

Do you want to sell one?

Piscator
12-14-2010, 01:45 PM
From what I understand it is like an iPod. You can have multiple (3) iPods per account that have the same access but you can't share outside of the account.

Mr. Sandman
12-14-2010, 03:32 PM
My wife has had one since day one. She loves it. This is pre ipad so I am sure today's latest and greatest technology is even better.
The best thing is the sheer number of books you can store and the ability to download them in seconds. The cost is a minor one.

I have been downloading audio books (on my iphone) and listening to them while I drive thru the bluetooth connection. I just listed to Hemingway's Old Man and the Sea narrated by Donald Sutherland on my drive to and back to NH last weekend. It was great.

I think the kindle is a great device for what it is.

Rob Rockcrawler
12-14-2010, 04:46 PM
Westport. Im going to hold off on selling it until i know if i have all my shopping done or not. See my problem is most of my friends and family cant read.

Finaddict
12-14-2010, 09:47 PM
I am sure there are enough Websites out there for Kindle fans, all you have to do is run a search on Google. Also, check CNET - that site does a lot of consumer technology reviews and overviews. It's not hard to find information on hot consumer technology products - probably sites just like this.