View Full Version : Collection of Superstrike /Musso Darters

blondterror
12-20-2010, 01:25 PM
I found this picture on the Superstrike facebook page. I believe it is a mix of their current plastic darters and the older wood darters made by Donny Musso.

Nice collection for sure...

Nebe
12-20-2010, 01:31 PM
those are all wood i believe.

eskimo
12-20-2010, 01:32 PM
I'm pretty sure all of them are wood.

Out of curiosity I would like to see the jointed darter in action although I remember reading somewhere that it wasn't anymore productive then the regular style.

blondterror
12-20-2010, 01:37 PM
Do any builders have any of the smaller darters shown here...

eskimo
12-20-2010, 02:30 PM
can't help you with the smaller size but I have a few of the larger

numbskull
12-20-2010, 02:41 PM
There is an even smaller version than those shown as well. 5/8 oz I think.

numbskull
12-20-2010, 02:46 PM
Do any builders have any of the smaller darters shown here...

All are based on the 2.25 oz 3 hook plug (it in turn is taken from the Gibbs)......which is now available in plastic. They share the same diameter (1.03") and slope, but differ in length and hook position. The same wood will not work for all three.

ProfessorM
12-20-2010, 03:56 PM
that is Bob Jones's collection. Just the tip of the iceberg for him. All real wooden beauties. I got copies, specs, of all those sizes. George and I weighed, measured, up most of them last winter as I got my hands on a nice beater collection. Saw one this summer that Lu had that George is talking about. real small. Pine I think he said. I think you can see one of the wee one's in sec. pic at bottom. The turning is real simple it is that angles that will be hard to garner off a drawing. I can put up some specs but I don't think it will be completely helpful. Better to touch some. I got pic.'s of the real stuff up the ying yang if you want to see some more. Screw it here are a few. I made some of the small ones on left but had several duds. Going to try AYC this winter and cross my fingers.

paulbo
12-20-2010, 08:18 PM
There is a long thread on SOL under tackle collectors "Any one have any Musso Lures" that you may like.

Here is one picture from Vinny Bocchino