View Full Version : Gas Price BS!!!

BigFish
12-31-2010, 04:36 PM
Article in the paper today suggesting that the surge in fuel prices is a result of high demand!!!! Pa-leeeez!! Do they think people are really that friggin' dumb??? There is always demand for fuel!!! They also suggest it means the economy is getting better!!!! Getting better???? Getting better for who???? The gas company maybe!!! Nobody I know is swallowing that load of crap about the economy getting better!!!:fury::fury::wall::smash::smash:

striperman36
12-31-2010, 04:37 PM
I'm gettin my annual, make my on diesel itch again, once we get to March the itch goes away again.

Raven
12-31-2010, 05:30 PM
they analysts said we as a nation have reduced the demand or our usage of oil by 20%

which is a lot less than anyone thought possible

as for gas we have a surplus

UserRemoved1
01-04-2011, 06:06 PM
I think the economy is loads better now than it was even two months ago.

You get out of the economy what you put into it.

Nebe
01-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Take a look at the biggest growing market for new cars- CHINA.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

striperman36
01-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Take a look at the biggest growing market for new cars- CHINA.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

and India. they are all trading in their mopeds for cars.

Piscator
01-04-2011, 08:42 PM
Article in the paper today suggesting that the surge in fuel prices is a result of high demand!!!! Pa-leeeez!! Do they think people are really that friggin' dumb??? There is always demand for fuel!!! They also suggest it means the economy is getting better!!!! Getting better???? Getting better for who???? The gas company maybe!!! Nobody I know is swallowing that load of crap about the economy getting better!!!:fury::fury::wall::smash::smash:

The price of oil is not specifically related to actual demand, it's value is related to the price it trades at on the stock market (more speculation based now than it used to be).

Duke41
01-05-2011, 09:41 AM
All oil speculation should be banned. Those greedy bastards are choking off the recovery. Sadly the US has been overwhelmed by the dark side of capitalism. Greed. Unless we deal with this issue, i believe we are screwed. The monster is eating itself.

justplugit
02-22-2011, 03:18 PM
Remember when gas was $2 and we thought it might even go to $3 !!!!!!!!!!
Well now that it's $3, and talk of going to $5, few seem concerned.

With the Mid East imploding we are going to take it on the chin.
We should have started drilling in Anwar, built new refineries and nuclear
plants 2 years ago.If we drilling today it would take 3-5 years before we
had results.

We are lacking a pro- active administration and now we are going
to pay the price big time.

Piscator
02-22-2011, 03:31 PM
gonna be an expensive summer

JohnnyD
02-22-2011, 03:34 PM
We are lacking a pro- active administration and now we are going to pay the price big time.
No level of government - state, local or federal - nor either side of the aisle is pro-active. Our whole damn society only thinks about today, without considering tomorrow.

FishermanTim
02-22-2011, 03:53 PM
The ONLY pro-active thinking by ANY politician in this country is thinking about how they can screw everyone else and line their own pockets without getting caught.
The only good politician is........Oh wait, they don't exist.

spence
02-22-2011, 04:05 PM
plants 2 years ago.If we drilling today it would take 3-5 years before we had results.

Drilling in ANWR isn't going to do squat about prices.

This country has been beholden to the oil industry and our thirst for cheap gas.

-spence

striperman36
02-22-2011, 05:16 PM

This country has been beholden to the oil industry and our thirst for cheap gas.

-spence

Since 1910 or whenever Ford built the mass consumer car. It's not ever been easy to get away from cheap fuel.

PRBuzz
02-22-2011, 05:58 PM
Heck with gas prices:

Ivory Coast is putting the squeeze on the cocoa beans driving up chocolate prices to their highest in 30 yrs,

Columbia has had the lowest coffee bean crops on record the last 3 yrs,

what is BigFish going to be like when DD raises their prices on a cup of Joe (again) with or without the chocolate infusion????:confused:

spence
02-22-2011, 06:08 PM
Heck with gas prices:

Ivory Coast is putting the squeeze on the cocoa beans driving up chocolate prices to their highest in 30 yrs,

Columbia has had the lowest coffee bean crops on record the last 3 yrs,

what is BigFish going to be like when DD raises their prices on a cup of Joe (again) with or without the chocolate infusion????:confused:

Soon Glenn Beck will be talking up futures on chocolate covered espresso beans :hihi:

-spence

Piscator
02-22-2011, 07:39 PM
I filled up last night at a place in Marshfield $3.03 a gallon. I drove by that same place today (12 hours later) $3.13 a gallon. It's not demand driven, it SPECULATION driven.

justplugit
02-22-2011, 08:07 PM

-spence

Spence i'm just as concerned about supply as price.

Mike P
02-23-2011, 05:40 PM
Remember when gas was $2 and we thought it might even go to $3 !!!!!!!!!!
Well now that it's $3, and talk of going to $5, few seem concerned.

With the Mid East imploding we are going to take it on the chin.
plants 2 years ago.If we drilling today it would take 3-5 years before we
had results.

We've never had a pro-active administration, when it came to reducing our dependence on imported oil. We've been giving lip-service to it since the first OPEC embargo in 1973, but none of them have actually done anything about it, unless you count Carter extending daylight savings time all year once, and turning down the thermostats in the White House. :rotf2:

justplugit
02-23-2011, 05:56 PM
We've never had a pro-active administration, when it came to reducing our dependence on imported oil. We've been giving lip-service to it since the first OPEC embargo in 1973, but none of them have actually done anything about it, unless you count Carter extending daylight savings time all year once, and turning down the thermostats in the White House. :rotf2:

Ya Mike, I remember when we were asked to use less
Chritmas lights for decorations too. :hihi:
The extension of daylight savings time was short lived because
the kids were walking to school in the morning in the dark. :)

UserRemoved
02-24-2011, 02:58 AM
diesel went up yesterday at my price indicator station by .20 a gallon. One Day.

3.65 a gallon now, I saw 3.90 somewhere last week.

Raven
02-24-2011, 06:58 AM
and India. they are all trading in their mopeds for cars.

one guy in India has 39 wives..........can you imagine?
forget about the number of Kids...

he needs to own a BUS service.....

and the Libya effect
quote: In a further sign of Gadhafi's faltering hold, two air force pilots — one from the leader's own tribe — parachuted out of their warplane and let it crash into the eastern Libyan desert rather than follow orders to bomb an opposition-held city.

PRBuzz
03-03-2011, 09:16 AM
Here's the real situation soon!

justplugit
03-03-2011, 12:30 PM
LOL, i feel that same way already when buying food.

Raven
03-03-2011, 01:16 PM
i'm glad i can walk to the water now.... Dave

of course the fish are contaminated with mercury

and this is our water supply. The abstracts says eat

fish only twice a month to be on the safe side.

JohnnyD
03-03-2011, 01:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/mb1XN.jpg