View Full Version : Fisch Mini/Midi Lathe for sale in southern NJ

blondterror
01-05-2011, 05:12 PM
I am buying a duplicator from a private seller in Southern NJ and he also has a NIB Fisch Midi Lathe for sale for $150 with a bed extension.

This Fisch Lathe is a great deal for someone just getting into plug making. It is better quality than the harbor Freight lathes for less money.

"From the Manufacturer
With heavy cast construction, the 1/2 hp motor on this turning center has an easy access speed change with 6 speeds, from 500 to 3700 rpm. It features 10-inch diameter turning, 2-1/2-inch tailstock spindle travel, and 15 inches between centers. And, it accepts easy mount bed extension, allowing up to 39 inches between centers. Other features include sealed bearings, a dust and chip deflector, indexable metal lockdowns, and a hollow tailstock for long hole boring. Your purchase includes a 3-inch face plate, 6-inch straight tool rest, double bearing live center, dead center, knock out bar, and spanner wrench."

If interested in this lathe send me a PM and I will give you the guys contact information.

He is selling me a slightly used Vega 36 " Duplicator which he used to make baseball bats from Ash and maple for college and pro players. He would sell custom bats for $50 and he shared with me his bat making secrets.

blondterror
01-05-2011, 05:18 PM
here is some more info cut and pasted from the web on this Fisch lathe...

This review is from: Fisch TC90-100 Turning Center 6.6 Amp 10-Inch Swing by 15-Inch between Centers 1/2 Horsepower Benchtop Woodworking Lathe, 115-Volt 1 Phase (Tools & Hardware)
This is a great little lathe, very quiet and very easy to use, assembly is minimal,about 10 minutes, is an excellent bowl turning machine and with the purchase of a 3 jaw chuck you will have an extremely versatile turning center.

This review is from: Fisch TC90-100 Turning Center 6.6 Amp 10-Inch Swing by 15-Inch between Centers 1/2 Horsepower Benchtop Woodworking Lathe, 115-Volt 1 Phase (Tools & Hardware)
I wanted to buy a lathe to turn spindels for some Windsor Chairs I was planning to build. The space in my basement woodshop is limited and I did not want to invest a lot of money in a large machine. The Fisch is a great little lathe. With the bed extension, I was able to turn chair legs and arm spindels. I have built over a dozen chairs and the lathe has been excellent-very quiet and smooth operation with plenty of power. I would highly recommend this lathe as an entry level model or to anyone doing light duty turning