View Full Version : Boat up grade

macojoe
04-01-2003, 06:42 PM
I am converting my I/O to a outboard
Well I started to install the gill bracket on the back of my boat today. And dam is was raw out there!! But I said I was going to start this week no matter what and I did.
Got the templet traced on and all the mesurements done. Drilled about have the holes. I will be back at tomorrow. Hope to finish all the holes tomorrow and dry fit it.
I still need to make up the shims for the ends, But waitting to have a dry fit for excat size.
This gill bracket came from a 23 foot Seacraft and is stright across. My Wellcraft has a slight curve to the transom. So the ends have to have a wedge about 1" tapered to nothing at about 8 inches. This will be made of nylon stock.
I would have bought a new one for the boat but I got this from a friend that was repowring to twins and changed out the bracket. Sold this one to me for $400.00 much better then the $1400.00 for the new one.
After the bracket is on I have to install my 1990 Yamaha 175 hp. I got this from a friend (not the same one) He was repowering to a 4 stroke and sold this to me for a song. $1500.00 And it is in great shape. He owned it from new and always took good care of it.
I hope to be ready for May 1 for the Mac's then to the Fluke they start on June 10th.
Well Just an update on what I am doing, If anyone cares. Later
Macojoe

JohnR
04-01-2003, 08:23 PM
MacoJoe - go to Classicseacraft.com and read some of the braket & transom posts there... Also - I believe the 23 SC has some curvature to it too. I can't measure it though as mine is not hear yet :D

BigBo
04-04-2003, 09:43 PM
MacoJoe, Just thought I'd let you know in case you didn't already. There's a website dedicated to Wellcraft V20 boats. You can ask questions, post pics, etc.
www.wellcraftV20.com

macojoe
04-05-2003, 01:16 PM
Thanks BigBo I got into the forum! It is nice to talk to others that have the same thing for Ideas and other need to no stuff.
Thanks alot!!!:happy: :btu: :cheers: :bounce: :jump: :kewl: