View Full Version : A Message from Bill P

nightfighter
01-07-2011, 04:57 PM
The following was sent to me by my brother. After reflecting on the man who wrote it, and how he could bring himself to write it, I felt it would be worth sharing with our community here.....
--------------------------------------------

As most of you know, Bill Petit is a fraternity brother who ’s wife and two daughters were raped & murdered during a Connecticut home invasion a few summers back. Tied to a post in the basement, Bill narrowly escaped after being left for dead due with massive head injuries inflicted with a baseball bat.

Not a day goes by that I don’t think of Bill, losing sleep thinking of how his older daughter would have been Dartmouth friends of xxxxxx and xxxxxx Reiley and xxxxxx and xxxxx xxxxxx’s as a member of the Dartmouth Class of 2011, and about how little there is I can do to help him. I know that he still doesn’t sleep well (if at all). I have trouble even thinking of what Bill’s endured and how he manages through each and every day.

His words are worth your thoughts.

xxxx

Sent: Friday, January 07, 2011 12:44 PM
Subject: Brother

FYI my brothers

Here you are my Brothers

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!"
Brother, life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forgive the ones who don't just because you can. Believe most things happens for a reason.
If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it. Take a few minutes to think before you act when you're mad. Forgive quickly. God never said life would be easy, He just promised it would be worth it.
Today is Brother's day, send this to all your brothers, fathers, sons. Happy Brothers Day! I LOVE YA BROTHER!!! To the cool men that have touched my life. Here's to you!! A real Brother walks with you when the rest of the world walks on you. Send to all your Brothers because the fake ones won't.
(The Devil knows when I get up?)

JohnR
01-07-2011, 06:06 PM
Thanks for sharing this, Ross.