View Full Version : Giffords Tragedy

UserRemoved1
01-08-2011, 03:27 PM
WTF :smash::smash:

Arizona congresswoman among 12 shot at Tucson grocery - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/08/arizona.shooting/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1)

UserRemoved1
01-08-2011, 04:03 PM
1 9 yo Child dead.

22 yo shooter.

#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&.

Karl F
01-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Palin Uses Crosshairs To Identify Dems Who Voted For Health Care Reform | TPM LiveWire (http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/03/palin-uses-crosshairs-to-identify-dems-who-voted-for-health-care-reform.php)

Giffords is a dem who supported health care... the crosshairs were upon her.

spence
01-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Let's hope that's not the case.

Very sad.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Nebe
01-08-2011, 04:29 PM
United we stand. Divided we fall. :(

UserRemoved1
01-08-2011, 04:50 PM
umc hosp. says one dead..the little girl.

snowbama says 5 people dead.

CNN says 6 dead.

Someone needs to figure out wtf is going on.

BigFish
01-08-2011, 04:52 PM
As usual, no doubt the President has been misinformed!:smash:

What a shame.

Raider Ronnie
01-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Was sitting in a reclining chair flipping channels and this story was on every news channel.
They came out and stated she died asl well as many others.
Woke up after a 2 hr nap, now they say she's alive but in critical condition.
Talk about careless reporting !

stcroixman
01-08-2011, 05:34 PM
I don't wish on any politician. We the people suffer when some idiot does this.

I heard it is over healthcare!
Great way to express yourself a#%^& hole

Karl F
01-08-2011, 05:38 PM
head case

YouTube - Classitup10's Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/Classitup10#p/u/1/nHoaZaLbqB4)

striperman36
01-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Heard it was a tea partyer

Nebe
01-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Heard it was a tea partyer

There's a surprise!

stcroixman
01-08-2011, 07:37 PM
If it was a tea partyer, the tea party just sunk.

No one will respect this kind of crap. Palin will need to speak out, unless she is on her back tonight! LMFAO

buckman
01-08-2011, 08:02 PM
Are you guys friggin for real. tea partyers, Palin... Now you think she should speak out???? Your blaming her before you know anything. WOW

JohnnyD
01-08-2011, 09:48 PM
Are you guys friggin for real. tea partyers, Palin... Now you think she should speak out???? Your blaming her before you know anything. WOW

This is definitely the tea party's fault. Palin has publicly mentioned before about how certain people should be killed. She's a cancer on this country and this is what happens when she's given a figurehead-type voice.

likwid
01-08-2011, 09:58 PM
The partisan BS is real effing classy.

Whats next? "Oh he started it! Waaah"

spence
01-08-2011, 10:08 PM
Respect the dead.

buckman
01-09-2011, 07:38 AM
This is definitely the tea party's fault. Palin has publicly mentioned before about how certain people should be killed. She's a cancer on this country and this is what happens when she's given a figurehead-type voice.

JD you are insane too. Pray for this women. BTW she's not dead.

Fly Rod
01-09-2011, 08:50 AM

This is why the country is F!@ked up with accusations like this.

The person is a mental case, could not get into the military, was disruptive in college, he asked her a question a few years ago before the tea party was ever formed which he claims the senator could not answer a question that he asked her and you want to identify him with the tea party.

I could be like you and claim that he was a disgruntaled far left liberal, was a followrer of George Soros and did not like this senator because she was a left of center democrat, was not liberal enough.

And you are :fury: of Palin because you are out there working while she is counting her millions one dollar at a time. :uhuh:

Have a good day. :)

Fly Rod
01-09-2011, 08:58 AM
It was a terrible tragedy and my condolences go out to the familes.

spence
01-09-2011, 09:37 AM
BTW she's not dead.
I believe 6 did die.

I say give the police time to investigate the real motive before making accusations. Early indications is that the guy was nuts and politics may have had something to do with it. We'll see.

-spence

JohnR
01-09-2011, 10:08 AM
I believe 6 did die.

I say give the police time to investigate the real motive before making accusations. Early indications is that the guy was nuts and politics may have had something to do with it. We'll see.

-spence

+1

Yes, lets not turn this into a political rant - from either side. We have 6 Americans dead and 14 wounded, many in critical condition. This alone is bad enough.

We have a serving member of Congress shot doing the country's and the people's business.

Let the investigation continue and get the facts in without more vitriol from either corner. Early reports are that the shooter may have been off his rocker.

scottw
01-09-2011, 10:20 AM
pray for the victims of this attack....

MSNBC, CNN, NY Times and others.....we see your true colors shining through....

guess they forgot that they also labled the Times Square Bomber as an angry, white, tea party-type.... probably upset about healthcare and motivated by Fox and Palin and rightwing radio....

getting old...:uhuh:

RIROCKHOUND
01-09-2011, 10:22 AM
was getting ready to leave the gym when this popped on MSNBC. saw the transition from reported dead to critical. the disturbing trends.
1. the misreporting on her death across the board
2. Fox and others reported first the shooter was an illegal
3. Someone at the gym asking me (when they saw me watching it) if the shooter was a Mexican, just because it was Arizona and that seemed logical to them.

The shame of it is, if this was remotely politically motivated (even though the shooter was a lunatic) she is among the bluest bluedogs in the house; strong anti-immigration, former republican, admittedly she was center left, but yes voted for health care. Especially tragic b/c apparently this was a common event for her to get out and meet her constituents and talk to them.

Props to Langivin, who as of now states he won't change his routine, security etc, realizing that this was hopefully an isolated case.

Hope she pulls through with limited brain damage.

Raven
01-09-2011, 11:31 AM
make heating oil out of his fat

PaulS
01-09-2011, 12:50 PM
What a trajedy.

I agree he was probably insane but his hearing certain things fuels his insanity.

In March, Giddords said "Sarah Palin has the crosshairs of a gun sight over our district and when people do that, they've got to realize there are consequences to that action" - How true.

The sheriff said "when you look at unbalanced people, how they resond to the vitroil that comes out of certain mouths about tearing down the governement. The anger, the hatred, the bigotry that goes on in this country is getting to be outrageous. And unfor. Arizona has b/c the capital. We have become the mecca for prejudice and bigotry."

What did Sharon Angle's "2nd Amendment Remedy's" mean? or Alan West's (I prob. got the name wrong) "scare them so that they're afraid to come out of their house"?

PaulS
01-09-2011, 12:51 PM
make heating oil out of his fat

Like the Nazis? How about his skin - maybe make lamp shades?

striperman36
01-09-2011, 12:53 PM
No, the Fremen did it on Arakis.

JohnnyD
01-09-2011, 01:42 PM
JD you are insane too. Pray for this women. BTW she's not dead.

This is why the country is F!@ked up with accusations like this.

I could be like you and claim that he was a disgruntaled far left liberal, was a followrer of George Soros and did not like this senator because she was a left of center democrat, was not liberal enough.

And you are :fury: of Palin because you are out there working while she is counting her millions one dollar at a time. :uhuh:

Have a good day. :)
It's too bad there isn't an internet standard sarcasm font.

These are funny responses. A common theme on here is that all of our country's ills are due to politicians that aren't on the Right - #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s, liberal morons, democraps are all commonly accepted phrases. Make similar comments but with a different subject as the guilty party and all hell breaks loose.

Bronko
01-09-2011, 02:00 PM
No, the Fremen did it on Arakis.

Love a nice Dune qoute.:uhuh:

UserRemoved1
01-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Wonder if this was his brother.

NJ police: Man seeking 'portal to hell' stabbed 2 - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110107/ap_on_re_us/us_stabbing_attack)

WTF must be something in the water lately. A portal to hell? In a shed? :confused: Everyone knows your basement is the best place to look :smash:

Karl F
01-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Wonder if this was his brother.

NJ police: Man seeking 'portal to hell' stabbed 2 - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110107/ap_on_re_us/us_stabbing_attack)

WTF must be something in the water lately. A portal to hell? In a shed? :confused: Everyone knows your basement is the best place to look :smash:

the portal to hell IS in a shed, I have proof...look closely at the picture taken in the shed with the portal...it is visible, if you look closely :jump1:

UserRemoved1
01-09-2011, 05:04 PM
oh boy.

Suspect in attack on congresswoman acted alone - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110109/ap_on_re_us/us_congresswoman_shot)

Why is he being charged with "attempted assassination" is this a federal type of charge??

"One of the victims was Christina Taylor Green, who was a member of the student council at her local school and went to the event because of her interest in government. She is the granddaughter of former Philadelphia Phillies manager Dallas Green.

She was born on 9/11 and featured in a book called "Faces of Hope" that chronicled one baby from each state born on the day terrorists killed nearly 3,000 people."

:smash:

UserRemoved1
01-09-2011, 05:05 PM
That ain't a portal that's sYbiL

the portal to hell IS in a shed, I have proof...look closely at the picture taken in the shed with the portal...it is visible, if you look closely :jump1:

striperman36
01-09-2011, 05:05 PM
oh boy.

Suspect in attack on congresswoman acted alone - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110109/ap_on_re_us/us_congresswoman_shot)

Why is he being charged with "attempted assassination" is this a federal type of charge??

"One of the victims was Christina Taylor Green, who was a member of the student council at her local school and went to the event because of her interest in government. She is the granddaughter of former Philadelphia Phillies manager Dallas Green.

She was born on 9/11 and featured in a book called "Faces of Hope" that chronicled one baby from each state born on the day terrorists killed nearly 3,000 people."

Dallas Green's gdd

UserRemoved1
01-09-2011, 05:30 PM
WOW

"In early June, Lynda Sorenson, 52, had gone back to community college in Tucson in hopes of getting back on the job market. One of her classes was a basic algebra class--and one of her classmates was Jared Loughner, now identified by authorities as the man who killed six people and critically wounded Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) in a shooting rampage Saturday. Sorenson's e-mails to friends from last summer, provided to the Washington Post, reveal her growing alarm at Loughner's strange and disruptive
behavior in class.

From June 1, the first day of class:
"One day down and nineteen to go. We do have one student in the class who was disruptive today, I'm not certain yet if he was on drugs (as one person surmised) or disturbed. He scares me a bit. The teacher tried to throw him out and he refused to go, so I talked to the teacher afterward. Hopefully he will be out of class very soon, and not come back with an automatic weapon."

From June 10:
"As for me, Thursday means the end to week two of algebra class. It seems to be going by quickly, but then I do have three weeks to go so we'll see how I feel by then. Class isn't dull as we have a seriously disturbed student in the class, and they are trying to figure out how to get rid of him before he does something bad, but on the other hand, until he does something bad, you can't do anything about him. Needless to say, I sit by
the door."

From June 14:
"We have a mentally unstable person in the class that scares the living crap out of me. He is one of those whose picture you see on the news, after he has come into class with an automatic weapon. Everyone interviewed would say, Yeah, he was in my math class and he was really weird. I sit by the door with my purse handy. If you see it on the news one night, know that I got out fast..."

The class's instructor, Ben McGahee, said in an interview Sunday that Loughner had been removed from class in its third or fourth week, because of repeated disruptions."

scottw
01-09-2011, 08:14 PM
What a trajedy.

In March, Giddords said "Sarah Palin has the crosshairs of a gun sight over our district and when people do that, they've got to realize there are consequences to that action" - How true.

What did Sharon Angle's "2nd Amendment Remedy's" mean? or Alan West's (I prob. got the name wrong) "scare them so that they're afraid to come out of their house"?

shut up....

President Obama told Univision recently,“If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, 'We're going to punish our enemies and we're going to reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us,'
Democrat Joe Manchin Takes "Dead Aim" at Health Care, Cap-and-Trade

West Virginia Gov. Joe Manchin, a Democrat locked in a tight Senate race against Republican John Raese, said on Fox News this morning that he would support the full repeal of health care reform if it couldn't be fixed.
"'Obamacare,' as it's been called, is far too reaching," Manchin said in an interview on "Fox & Friends." "It's overreaching. It needs to have a lot of it repealed...If you can't fix that, repeal the whole thing."

In an apparent effort to distance himself from Washington Democrats, the governor also issued an ad in which he literally shoots at the controversial cap and trade legislation.
Manchin then demonstrates his dedication to the latter by picking up a rifle and shooting a hole through a copy of the bill.

Obama fires up Democrats: 'I want you to argue with them and get in their face'
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Thursday, September 18th 2008, 9:50 AM

“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,” Obama said at a Philadelphia fundraiser Friday night. “Because from what I understand folks in Philly like a good brawl.

striperman36
01-09-2011, 08:47 PM
This is FUBAR, beyond anything even sane

Westboro Baptist Church To Picket Funerals Of Arizona Shooting Victims (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/09/westboro-baptist-church-arizona_n_806319.html)

scottw
01-10-2011, 07:02 AM
This is FUBAR, beyond anything even sane

Westboro Baptist Church To Picket Funerals Of Arizona Shooting Victims (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/09/westboro-baptist-church-arizona_n_806319.html)

yes, all of the whackjobs are out blaming everyone but the shooter or trying to affix blame for his actions to those that they disagree with politically, includung a few here, trying to get some mileage out of this....(or maybe they're all just engaged in (sick)SARCASM?)

Rep. Carolyn McCarthy, D-N.Y., one of Congress’ fiercest gun control advocates, is looking to strike while the iron is hot. “My staff is working on looking at the different legislation fixes that we might be able to do and we might be able to introduce as early as tomorrow,”

At the same time, another New York Democrat is blaming the pro-gun community for Saturday’s violent shooting. In a statement Sunday, Rep. Carolyn Maloney exclaimed that “guns kill” and that “those who glamorize gunplay or worship gun ownership do no service to humanity.” does this include Hollywood?

While Maloney and McCarthy are focusing their efforts on restricting access to guns, Pennsylvania Rep. Robert Brady, a Democrat from Philadelphia, is proposing new limits on free speech.
“I am very concerned about my safety and the safety of other members of Congress,” said Rep. Bobby Rush, a Chicago Democrat. “I’ve informed those who are in my midst that they should be much more vigilant.”

Rush said the climate is dangerous for political leaders, particularly for those who have supported President Barack Obama and his policies. He said he doesn’t plan to scale back any public appearances.

I'd argue that living in Chicago is far more dangerous :uhuh:....Michele Obama "As a black man, you know, Barack can get shot going to the gas station."

One veteran Democratic operative, who blames overheated rhetoric for the shooting, said President Barack Obama should carefully but forcefully do what his predecessor did.

“They need to deftly pin this on the tea partiers,” said the Democrat. “Just like the Clinton White House deftly pinned the Oklahoma City bombing on the militia and anti-government people.”

Read more: Violence and politics merge - Jonathan Martin and Ben Smith and Alexander Burns - POLITICO.com (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47294.html#ixzz1AdIy84Pj)

Liberal commentators such as MSNBC’s Keith Olbermann, who on a special Saturday evening show said he was sometimes guilty of over-the-top rhetoric, made an impassioned plea for more restraint and civil debate. But he also guaranteed that the political temperature would rise by devoting most of the show to the still-undocumented assertion that conservative political rhetoric helped send someone with a predisposition to violence over the edge.
Read more: Violence and politics merge - Jonathan Martin and Ben Smith and Alexander Burns - POLITICO.com (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47294.html#ixzz1AdJCjN5s)

and so it goes..."never waste good crisis"

BigFish
01-10-2011, 07:41 AM
Interview with the Father of the 9 year old girl who was killed is on the Today show right now......just really hard to watch. Just devastating.

Raven
01-10-2011, 08:42 AM
That ain't a portal that's sYbiL

No he's the Devil's guitarist

scottw
01-10-2011, 08:47 AM
2. Fox and others reported first the shooter was an illegal
??? I saw early speculation that this was possibly a Mexian drug cartel hit and not outside the realm of possiblility given the violence that is being perpetrated on both sides of the border and I believe she was working hard to fight the Mexican Drug Cartels which may explain what your friend at the gym said, before you assume he or she is a racist bigot...
3. Someone at the gym asking me (when they saw me watching it) if the shooter was a Mexican, just because it was Arizona and that seemed logical to them.

how would anyone know if the shooter was an "illegal" or not? or a tea-partier for that matter?

UserRemoved1
01-13-2011, 02:51 PM
FANTASTIC news

At congresswoman's bedside, good news keeps coming - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110113/ap_on_he_me/us_congresswoman_shot_recovery)

MOST EXCELLENT

BigFish
01-13-2011, 02:59 PM
That is wonderful news and I wish her a full and speedy recovery! I just hope the others who were wounded are recovering as well.

scottw
01-13-2011, 04:16 PM
truly miraculous and you have to wish her and her family the best going forward...maybe it's just me but I read lengthy articles on the Congresswoman and what seem to be hourly updates on her condition and in a very long and detailed article that I just perused, this was the sum and total of the reporting on the other victims...

"Six people were killed when gunman opened fire outside a Safeway store in Tucson on Saturday. Giffords, who investigators say was the primary target, was among 13 people wounded. Giffords remains critical and four patients are in fair condition. One patient was being discharged Thursday."

not another word about the others....as BF said, I hope that we can continue to pray for the best outcomes for all victims and families involved, a lot of lives were turned upside down, many forever.....

UserRemoved1
01-13-2011, 04:25 PM
yea I said the same thing Scott. But they're lower profile too and with the new health laws you may never hear anything unless they want you to.

spence
01-13-2011, 08:15 PM
yea I said the same thing Scott. But they're lower profile too and with the new health laws you may never hear anything unless they want you to.

I think you forgot to turn on the vent fan in the spray booth again...

-spence

UserRemoved1
01-14-2011, 05:32 AM
huh? They're civilians Spence? Got any good stuff I'm out.

likwid
01-14-2011, 07:50 AM
HA's once again show up a funeral that the morons from Westboro want to picket.

Support your local 81. :hihi:

RIROCKHOUND
01-14-2011, 10:18 AM

Yeah. it's a shame there was no coverage of the 9-year old girl's funeral, or the judge or the man who died shielding his wife.

Front page of CNN yesterday Scott had the first two.
Maybe the other family's do not want a lot of press in this difficult time.

As far as the congresswoman getting a lot of press; it is a pretty miraculous story that she surrvived at all, and being a high-level elected official, makes it a pretty big f'ing story.

likwid
01-14-2011, 10:20 AM
As far as the congresswoman getting a lot of press; it is a pretty miraculous story that she surrvived at all, and being a high-level elected official, makes it a pretty big f'ing story.

Buddy of mine is a head and neck surgeon (used to be a MD Shock/Trauma, they handled Baltimore aka murdermore) says she's about as lucky as they come.

Lottery tickets etc.

RIROCKHOUND
01-16-2011, 10:11 AM
Funeral set for Tuscon victim who shielded wife during shooting - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/16/arizona.shooting/index.html?hpt=T2)

damn that whitewashing lamestream media.
This was only front page of cnn.com this morning.

UserRemoved
01-16-2011, 11:32 AM
So was this.

Arizona shooting survivor in custody after allegedly making threat - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/15/arizona.shooting.victim.custody/index.html?hpt=T2)

QUOTE=RIROCKHOUND;827958]Funeral set for Tuscon victim who shielded wife during shooting - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/16/arizona.shooting/index.html?hpt=T2)

damn that whitewashing lamestream media.
This was only front page of cnn.com this morning.
:smash:[/QUOTE]

UserRemoved
01-16-2011, 11:34 AM
But this wasn't. Go figure.

9-Year-Old Shooting Victim's Organs Save Life In Boston - Boston News Story - WCVB Boston (http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/26501594/detail.html)

spence
01-16-2011, 02:28 PM
I'm not sure why anybody would be surprised by the political reaction to this story. The drumbeat by the Right evoking the Revolution, of patriots taking up arms to resist an un-American tyrant has been deafening at times.

Regardless of the political associativity (of which there appears to be little) this was inevitable. The Left would be outraged and the Right outraged at the outrage.

Thanks Lewis Black :hihi:

Although, considering that Giffords did make mention of the Palin cross-hair issue last year, there is a news worthy element to that part of the story.

The one consistent thing in this whole mess is that is made just about everyone look bad aside from the hero's on the scene and in the hospital.

Biggest losers...

Keith Oberman: He was probably the most influential lefty to jump on the "blame the tea" party story. I did see others take the story on with a bit more class. The "left wing bloggers" who really pounced I don't care about as nobody pays attention to them anyway other than right-wing pundits.

Sarah Palin: While she didn't deserve such pointed blame for the tragedy, by hiding in the woods and then releasing a video taped message that was ALL ABOUT HER demonstrated why she doesn't deserve to be taken seriously...for anything. The fact that she couldn't even step up to such a basic teaching moment just shows she's a tool being used by the GOP.

Rush Limbaugh: The fact that he makes 50 Million a year to spew this kind of ridiculous crap is revolting.

What Mr. Loughner knows is that he has the full support of a major political party in this country. He's sitting there in jail. He knows what's going on, he knows that. . . . The Democrat party is attempting to find anybody but him to blame. He knows if he plays his cards right, he's just a victim. . . . That smiling mug shot -- this guy clearly understands he's getting all the attention and he understands he's got a political party doing everything it can, plus a local sheriff doing everything that they can to make sure he's not convicted of murder -- but something lesser.

:yak5:

-spence

scottw
01-18-2011, 06:20 AM
I'm not sure why anybody would be surprised by the political reaction to this story.

Rush Limbaugh: The fact that he makes 50 Million a year to spew this kind of ridiculous crap is revolting.

-spence

more like nauseated by the political opportunism...:uhuh:

you are just jealous that you do what you say Rush does, but for free:)