View Full Version : Need professional HELP! ----> BIG FISH

saltydog
01-11-2011, 03:45 PM
NO not me , it's to late for that:uhuh: Im hoping I can get one of the BUILDERS on here to COAT this PLUG, maby BIGFISH:love: Larry what do you think, can you do it. I cant do it, it took me a long time to do this one an I DROPED him once already an chipped his fin. would like to have him coated so I dont chip him any more.he's 16" long 6"high an 3"round, I still have to carve or put something in his mouth. was thinking of a PLUG to put in there something SMALL any one got a SMALL PLUG you DONT WANT I can CUT to fit in his mouth.

if you can do it, Ill bring him to PLUG FEST an he can ride home w/ you.:uhuh: no rush, will pay for work done.
GOOD LUCK GOOD BUILDIN:wall:
P.S. there is a hole in his mouth an a hole in his tails where the SCREW EYES were if that helps

chefchris401
01-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Great stuff man!!

What's that plug in background??
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

striperman36
01-11-2011, 04:40 PM
What the vintage?

sorethumb
01-12-2011, 06:21 AM
Real nice Saltydog

BigFish
01-12-2011, 07:33 AM
Sorry Rich I can't take on anymore projects right now. Looks like it has a clearcoat on it??

chefchris401
01-12-2011, 09:33 AM
I have some small plugs from salties box o stuff your welcome to. Lots of options there.

Shoot me a pm and I'll mail you a sample pack.

thefishingfreak
01-12-2011, 08:32 PM
What do you want it coated with?

saltydog
01-13-2011, 07:18 AM
NO PROBLEM thanks for lookin. It has a coat of policrylic on it . maby I should just sit it on a shelf an not fondel the dam thing.:smash:

chefchris401, will do:uhuh:

thefishingfreak, some type of HARD FINNISH :uhuh: any Idears on HOW TO do something like this:wall:

saltydog
01-15-2011, 02:46 PM
Has anyone used etex w/a brush, saw a vid an this builder was using a brush to put his top coat on, was thinkin it would be great to BRUSH a hard coat on the striper.:confused:
GOOD LUCK GOOD BUILDIN:uhuh:

chefchris401
01-15-2011, 03:19 PM
Rich I use a small brush or 1" foam brush when I etex.

I would worry about it running.

Maybe just use some clear brush on polycrylic??

saltydog
01-15-2011, 04:23 PM
chefchris401,it has a coat polycrylic on it. BUT I DROPED IT an it's NOT TUFF enough to protect it, BRUSH w/ etex should work, Ill give it a shot . he's so big an w/ fins, thought Id could find a PRO to do it.
BUT what the hell NOTHING VENTURED NOTHING GAINED, it's only a piece of wood:uhuh:
GOOD LUCK GOOD BUILDIN:gh:

sorethumb
01-15-2011, 04:54 PM
I use acid brushes for plugs it does have a thin consistency which is why most of us that use it spin it so it doesn't sag or build up in one spot they do sell it in a spray also have not used it but I think you may want to try that first your pretty damn good at spraying out of cans.