View Full Version : Best movie of 2000??

eelman
12-29-2000, 10:49 AM
At first I would say "the perfect storm" But,Looking back I see the only reason I liked the movie was that it had to do with the ocean and fishing. I do not think it was a truly "great movie" It was entertaining but after my exitment wore off and I watched it again it was just ok.

My pick as a must see this year was "Gladiator" It was a fantastic movie with great acting and fantastic scenery.It blew me away as one of the best I have seen in some time. If you have not seen it you should as soon as you can!! Great flick.

There realy wasnt any others that got my interest.The only other one I thought would be good was the "cell" But as I saw it .It just got to far fetched.If you like gore it was ok.

Whats your picks??

Might as well watch all the movies you missed during the fishing season and, with this blizzard coming what better time to catch up? There certainly isnt any fishing in the near future...

Happy New Year!!

Fisherwoman
12-29-2000, 11:00 AM
I agree #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&, Gladiator was one of the best movies all around that I have seen in a long time, it was awesome. I think the perfect storm was good, but as we all know as they are bringing in there catch on the lines, all you see are sword fish, were is the reallistic bycatch that happens? Hmm pretty fishy if you ask me, though it was sad that those men lost there live, it was greed that brought them to there death.

chris L
12-29-2000, 11:12 AM
Lete see
I went to the grinch yesterday . It was good not great .
Stuart Little funny
Pokemon YUK
The rug rats OK
And countless other dribble with the kids . But my kids are great so I catch a short peek at the good ones on the other screens coming back from the bathroom .

JohnR
12-29-2000, 11:44 AM
I would probably agree that Gladiator was the best movie I've seen this season. It was a well done flick. And it is fresh when you watch it more than once...

I did enjoy Perfect Storm and still rate it highly but, like most books turn movies, it was just not as good as the book, which is one of my favorites. I was less than thrilled with some of the artistic license used in that movie but I'm always anal like that :P

Other mentions:
Scary Movie - the absolute raunchiest film I've ever seen and while I'm usually not one for the perverted humor - it was a pretty funny spoof on alot of things... My wife was very pregnant when we saw that (probably wouldn't have if we knew it was that raunchy but...) and I thought she would have the baby she was laughing so hard (when she wasn't grossed out)

Drowning Mona - humerous in the "Get Shorty" sorta way. The movies speaks almost fondly about how Verplank, NY was the test run site for Yugo cars back in the eighties and how everyone in that town got them free but the movie did not mention that Verplank is where the Hudson River Hatchery where many striper studies are done...

Videos - Pushing Tin - I think the movie was out the year before (or two) but I watched it this year, so for me it was new. Good flick...
The Matrix - 'nuff said
Sixth Sense - good flick

My favorite movies ever?
Who did it - Usual Suspects
Comedy - Tie: Better off dead - classic & Something about Mary - nearly peed my pants
Historical - Tuskegee Airmen - HBO flick but excellent
SCI-FI ?? Still waiting to see the best sci-fi movie. There are alot I've liked but still have yet to have been blown away (Star Wars doesn't count as I was only 8 )
Scarry, edge of your seat - Aliens (when it came out)

JohnS
12-29-2000, 01:32 PM
The best one that I liked was the one I just saw.
Castaway was a very intersting film.

JohnS

Slipknot
12-29-2000, 05:01 PM
I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS

JohnR
12-29-2000, 05:28 PM
Gee Ricky, I'm sorry your mom's face blew up...

Got Stripers
12-29-2000, 05:43 PM
I thought the perfect storm was way overated, but I agree with Gladiator, great flick. I also agree with John's other two choices, The Matrix was a great one and the ending of Sixth Sense blew my wife and I away. We normally don't get surprised like that and the Sixth Sense had a great twist of an ending.

I'm a big Tom Hanks fan, so I'm looking forward to seeing Castaway, but it won't be for a while, because I don't go to the movies. I'm also a big Harison Ford fan and think he's got some great flicks. I think the Blade Runner is classic Sci-Fi and I loved the Fugitive.

Tight lines.