View Full Version : Salties Swimmers

chefchris401
01-12-2011, 01:58 PM
Heres some plug bodies I got from Scotts Box o plugs.

there were supposed to be surfsters but instead of planing the head i left them round and added a danny lip.

They cast great for a small plug, and swim down about 2 feet on a steady retrieve. Have a great action, and more of an "s' mtion than a wiggle.

The one slope head one goes down about 4 feet.

Cant wait for spring!!

tysdad115
01-12-2011, 03:44 PM
Very nice!

Ryan560
01-12-2011, 05:35 PM
Wow those look awesome! Wicked nice paint and finish.Diggin the green one

saltydog
01-13-2011, 07:24 AM
LOOKIN GOOD:drool:
GOOD LUCK GOOD BUILDIN:uhuh:

luds
01-13-2011, 10:43 AM
Are those Crazy Bugger bodies? Schoolies murder the Crazy Bugger in back waters. You should do well with the white and yellow ones early morning and late afternoon.

JohnnySaxatilis
01-13-2011, 11:11 AM
swish they look killer. i like the tag on the back too

so ur a lower back tatoo kinda guy huh chris?:rotf2:

chefchris401
01-13-2011, 11:41 AM
Are those Crazy Bugger bodies? Schoolies murder the Crazy Bugger in back waters. You should do well with the white and yellow ones early morning and late afternoon.

Yeah they are supposed to be surfsters, but the areas I fish I've never done well with the smaller surfster so made these to fish so local spring spots.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

sorethumb
01-14-2011, 05:07 AM
They are really nice especially the copper colored ones.

UserRemoved1
01-14-2011, 05:43 AM
Those are Crazy Bugger bodies. I do those with the surfster lip on them and with the lefty 1 lip. I have tested those with the pikie1 lip and it swims very nice. The BEST action is the small surfster lip.

The same body is used for the kits. This is one of the bodies that runs well on the cnc. I'm able to cut 3 a minute of them.

That was a body style used by Tom Makati of Makati Lures who died many years ago. I have all the original knives and some of the tooling. Guy really knew how to make a lure. His paint was crap but his plugs all caught great fish.

Chef use just a loop knot on the front. 1-2/0 belly hook with a 4/0 siwash or a dressed stub. I don't like hardware on this lure. It takes away alot of action and you can swim it real slow without much effort. Glad to see you got some good stuff there.

Chesapeake Bill
01-14-2011, 06:21 AM
Very nice! As Johnny Sax says, I like the "Chef" tramp stamp. Its a nice touch.

chefchris401
01-14-2011, 09:29 AM
I love the way these swim, similiar to an atom jr or spin.

They cast great for a smaller plug too.

It's a great shape Scott.

I'm lucky if I'm a quarter of the way thru that box. More good stuff to come!!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device