View Full Version : Plugfest contest plugs

Slipknot
01-13-2011, 04:06 PM
OK time for a thread about the contest plugs for plugfest. Once again we will have pretty much the same categories , chime in if you have a suggestion.

This year everyone should mail their entries ahead of time please, it gets too overwhelming that day being handed bag after bag of plugs to decifer.

Mail them to me, the address is
Bruce May

313 Wareham street

Middleboro massachusetts

and the zip is 02346

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR NAME AND YOUR SCREEN NAME FROM THE SITE. Also which category you are in whether it's a rookie, classic , general, or novelty, or if we have it, a restored/restoration.
ALSO PLEASE LET ME KNOW IT YOU WANT YOUR PLUG BACK OR DONATED TO THE RAFFLE. You'll need to be present after the contest to get your plug back by the way.

Rules are pretty much what they were last year if someone can look it up and post it, that would be great.

Thanks

see you on Feb. 19th

it's coming soon

I suppose if any of you procrastinators run out of time for mailing and you live nearby, you can drop them off also, as long as it's not 9:00 the night before :rollem:

a4scoot
01-13-2011, 04:34 PM
http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/attachments/plug-building-got-wood/38076d1265286337-plugfest-entry-forms-plug-contest-plugfestentryform-2-.doc

Slipknot
01-13-2011, 04:40 PM
thanks, that looks like the entry form contestants should include with their plugs.

so you guys should print one of those out and fill it out and include it with your entries.
and put your names on a separate sheet of paper
thanks

and here is a link to the thread from last year which explains a lot
http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/plug-building-got-wood/61959-plugfest-entry-forms-plug-contest.html

Slipknot
01-14-2011, 02:25 PM
here is what i came up with for a ballot

how does this look?

categories are as follows

best of show
best rookie/novice
best novelty plug
most likely to catch a cow on the first cast
best restored plug

The best representation of a classic should probably be judged by a panel of judges again. Speak up if you have any input about this.

thanks

Slipknot
01-24-2011, 03:47 PM
Does everyone understand this plug contest? Understand about voting for them? what you win?

Any questions?

Maybe someone can write a good summary of how this works.

I guess I could if I had time

JohnR
01-25-2011, 08:04 AM
I guess I could if I had time

Me too :wall:

How is this?

Best of show: Best overall plug by voters - can be ANY category
Best rookie/novice: Open for anyone with under 1 year of completed plugs - any theme
Best novelty plug: Let the imagination run wild.
Most likely to catch a cow on the first cast - Self explanatory
Best restored plug: Take an old plug someone else made and refinish it.
Best representation of a classic: A BRAND NEW replica of a CLASSIC from yesteryear.

Slipknot
01-25-2011, 01:28 PM
John, are the restored and the classic going to be voted on by a panel of judges again this year?

I need to know so we can add it or eliminate those 2 from the ballots.

VB, Capesams, Ericw, anyone else going to judge them this year? speak up please

JohnR
01-26-2011, 09:17 AM
John, are the restored and the classic going to be voted on by a panel of judges again this year?

We can do that if you think its a good idea.

Slipknot
01-29-2011, 08:50 PM
Received 2 plugs so far

Slipknot
02-07-2011, 10:52 PM
2 more came today

Slipknot
02-13-2011, 11:37 AM
I suppose if any of you procrastinators run out of time for mailing and you live nearby, you can drop them off also, as long as it's not 9:00 the night before :rollem:

hardcore from shore
02-13-2011, 02:21 PM
Put a package in the mail yesterday with my Dad's (Plugbillder) entries. We are both looking forward to it and seeing everyone's great work. His 1st question to me when I called him last night was "did you get the entry mailed?". This will be my and his 1st Plugfest. I will be in Chicago on business Tuesday through Friday (get back to Boston 9:30 PM Fiday) so had to get them mailed yesterday. Will pick him up in Brockton Saturday AM and see you all Saturday morning.
Bill

Slipknot
02-14-2011, 10:18 PM
Got them Bill

got a few more too

ProfessorM
02-15-2011, 08:58 AM
Friday at 8:45 pm I will be knocking on your door:)

most of the ways I can screw it up are behind me so I'll be shooting for Thursday.

Diggin Jiggin
02-15-2011, 12:04 PM
I dropped something in the mail this am.

Slipknot
02-17-2011, 08:45 AM
got them dave

so far only 17 plugs by 10 builders

not many entries so far this year

Slipknot
02-17-2011, 04:18 PM
2 more today

still waiting for Paul

ProfessorM
02-17-2011, 07:47 PM
I'll drop off tomorrow during daytime .

You going to be home?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Slipknot
02-17-2011, 08:17 PM
should be
but I'll be out in AM and back

EricW
02-18-2011, 11:22 AM

Hi Bruce,

I'd be honored and happy to help judge again if we have this category. Sorry I missed this post. Been out of it lately....
Eric

Slipknot
02-18-2011, 11:55 AM
thanks Eric, so far though, there are no classics :(

maybe there will be some last minute.

see you tom.

ProfessorM
02-18-2011, 01:07 PM
LOL. maybe I will have a chance to win for once if i am the only one in that category.

angler229
02-18-2011, 01:57 PM
I might have to take a ride by Slip's house to drop a plug off tonight cause there is know way we can let Paul win. :rotf2: