View Full Version : korkers torrent shoe

american spirit
01-18-2011, 05:18 PM
how do these shoes run?

you buy the same size your stockingfoot waders/ neoprene socks for wetsuiting are or do you need to size up?

chefchris401
01-18-2011, 05:57 PM
They are true to size, I wear a 12 and wetsuit fish in them w a 3mm sock.

A few things about these shoes:

The soles pop out a lot, due to the fact they have no ankle support and flex a lot.

They've been discontinued and korker is slowly stopping making of those inserts.

They shred easy, mine lasted 3 months of " hardcore" wetsuiting.

Plus side: they are light, you can get them cheap now, originally there were 100 bucks.

Good luck
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

ivanputski
01-20-2011, 10:51 AM
I have been back and forth with korkers about how bad those inserts are... The guy keeps trying to convince me how great they are..Not hearing it buddy... I'm not wearing them once a week trout fishing... Most guys are taking their boots to hell and back 6 nights a week...

eskimo
01-20-2011, 01:57 PM
you might want to check out the new version with the upgraded inserts.
I have a pair of the new redsides and by the look of the upgraded inserts they aren't going any where. I'm not sure how guys wear the torrents. I'm only a 155#s but I couldn't imagine not having the ankle support of boots.

The redsides (the 2011 model of the ultralites) are almost as light as a standard sneaker before you put in the inserts.

american spirit
01-20-2011, 06:45 PM
i actually may end up getting the korkers ultra light boot from last year if it's on sale. and send the ll beans back for a free pair. i can't believe that policy they have.

after thinking more, i realized you can't wear the shoe with waders, only wetsuit.