View Full Version : Sandals resorts, anyone go?

chefchris401
01-21-2011, 01:49 PM
Girlfriend wants to take a trip and wants to go to the sandals resorts.

Anyone have any experience with them??

Thanks,

Chef

ProfessorM
01-21-2011, 02:34 PM
yup. Jamaica. great time. wish I was there right now. There are 3 there I think. I was at the one on opposite side of airport.

WESTPORTMAFIA
01-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Been to a couple of them. Can't go wrong all inclusive. Jamaica was a blast (literally) I met Bob the 1st night. You can't leave your stuff outside of the room to dry because it will disappear.

Bob Thomas
01-22-2011, 01:37 PM
Went to Sandals Dunns River Jamaica on our honeymoon 10 years ago. Real nice place. Pretty much stayed on the resort as Kingston was in an all out war. Turned on the TV the first night and there were 5 murders there.

Went to Dunns River by boat for a day trip. Pretty cool climbing the falls plus the Hedonism Gals were there climbing as well. That was a bonus ;)

Talked to a few of the employees (bartenders) about venturing off the resort and they all said the same thing..STAY! Food was fantastic. Had 4 or 5 restaurants to choose from each night. One night, they were all closed. We then figured out that it was a HUGE buffet style dinner served ON THE BEACH that night. Real nice!

Beach was alright but the jet-ski locals would yell at you all day to braid your hair, rent a ride or buy some weed. Water was real salty and sharks were in the area so we stayed at the pool most of the time. Plus...it had a great swim up bar and Jamal, the bartender, was making fantastic rum punch...in the glass as I slurped it down with the straw. Yikes :yak5::buds:

Noticed a ton of security roaming the perimeter and the roof tops.

We got held over at the Sandals right near the airport. That place seemed like a dive and boy was it loud with the jets going in and out. Small pool too. Dunns River had 2 pools..1 huge one and one with the nice bar and jacuzzi right next to it. Only problem was the pools were closed by 5pm and it was still scorching hot.

We did the scuba diving too. Pretty uneventful. Coral was dead, engines all over the ocean floor, trash everywhere. Head diver said it was a dumping ground now.

I'd go back but I'd take a Xanax for the 2 hour trip from the airport to the resort. They drive like maniacs! Beeping the horn all the time, accidents all over and the halfway stop was a little dicey too. Talking with another couple walking, the guy feels a tug on his pocket. He puts his hand back and feels a plastic bag full of weed. Looks behind him and a local is smiling saying "for you mon" Kinda funny.

We tried to get on a marlin boat right from the resort dock but they said my wife would not be able to handle the size of the fish. I got excited and began to sign myself up but got B*tch slapped. Damn!

Buddy went to Sandals St. Lucia and said it too was fantastic.

Maybe next time, I can convince her to go to Hedonism :jump1::jump1:

ProfessorM
01-22-2011, 07:02 PM
LOL. that bus ride to the resort was a death drive. People drive like maniacs. I think I read a billboard that said they had 600 auto deaths already that year. We stayed at the other resort down the road from the Dunn's river one. Real nice beach and food was very good. We did go and eat at the Dunn's River resort one nite as they allow you to do that. I would definitely not stay at the one near the airport, too loud. There are shanty towns right next to the resorts so security is a must but not a big deal IMO.

Clammer
01-22-2011, 09:49 PM
f $%^&*( tHAT s #$%^&* / jUST SEND ME THE GRASS :soon:

beaver
01-24-2011, 11:36 AM
Hey chef. My bro got married at sandals negril a few years back. Long ride from the airport but worth it. Great time. Fishing was pretty bad but the resort was nice. Wouldn't venture far from the resort unless on a trip with sandals ppl. Resorts like that are the way to go imo.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Slingah
01-24-2011, 11:45 AM
I got married at Couples Resort in Negril....loved it.
The beach, rooms, food.......everything was great.

Couples Negril - Jamaica Resorts All-Inclusive - Jamaican Hotels (http://www.couples.com/13cn/index.html)

Typhoon
01-24-2011, 01:56 PM
Been to Sandals Negril, Sandals St Lucia, and Beaches Curacao

Good if you drink a lot. At the time I was a big loser for Sandals. I drank my money's worth. Food was ok.

Great for diving, diving is included in your package. I would probably not go back to Sandals now.