View Full Version : Printer Problems Help

Swimmer
01-23-2011, 07:24 PM
I have an HP Pavilion 2.4 gig computor with a HP Photosmart c6180 all-in-one printer. About a year or so ago the printer started having communication problems with the computor. Recently I found it necessary to delete the printer drive several times and reinstall numerous times, as was suggested by the manual, to jump start the printer. When I first did this, the printer would work for a while, and as time passed it worked a span of time less than the time before. One of the warning boxes that comes up prt way through each drive re-load, and just briefly, making it hard to read the box, is one that says the cable might be gone that runs between the computor and printer. It said I might need a high-speed cable, and by that I understood this to mean, the one I have is not high speed or it is failing.

Any ideas???????????????

striperman36
01-23-2011, 07:34 PM
its a female printer

Swimmer
01-23-2011, 10:05 PM
its a female printer

That helps!:wall:

ROTFLMAO

Redsoxticket
01-23-2011, 10:06 PM
Possible faulty interconnection, I/O connector on back of computer could have a intermitting connection.

Try disconnecting the cable at card connector and look for pins that are pushed in. Also just reseating the cable may cause it to work in the event there was a interconnecting conductivity issue. Do the same for the connector and cable on the printer side.

striperman36
01-23-2011, 10:07 PM
you didn't stick it in far enough again.

Swimmer
01-23-2011, 10:09 PM
Possible faulty interconnection, I/O connector on back of computer could have a intermitting connection.

Try disconnecting the cable at card connector and look for pins that are pushed in. Also just reseating the cable may cause it to work in the event there was a interconnecting conductivity issue. Do the same for the connector and cable on the printer side.

This connects computor side by USB. On the other end it is a three pronged plug, and the rpongs are large enough so as not to miss the prongs

Redsoxticket
01-23-2011, 10:30 PM
Try each and every USB port, front and back.

Secondly if you have access to another PC install the software along with the cable and printer and see what happens

Raven
01-24-2011, 04:07 AM
POINT a GUN at it and threaten it

Swimmer
01-24-2011, 09:22 AM
No gun Craig, turn it in when I left the job. But thanks anyway. I am wondering if I have a print spooler that fills and wont empty even I caNCELL the jobs when the printer doesn't work.

It just printed a test page just fine. D'oh

Raven
01-24-2011, 10:18 AM
one drastic thing you can do when all else has failed....

is to go into your printer files and delete them all

As long as you have the working install disk available that is

then go into control panel-> system, device manager >
scroll down to printers, and find yours... and then delete it...

now your ready for a fresh install but first, you reboot with the
printer disconected [of course] and see if it shows up on the list
which it should not....

make sure all printer files are gone... not your documents!
just the files that run the printer,,,so you'll have no conflicts

then plug it in and reboot to rediscover it or go to control panel
and click the add new hardware....same difference,
and when it asks for a CD rom
re install the drivers using the disk provided ....then reboot
so everything done is SOLID ....and go from there... testing

iamskippy
01-24-2011, 10:47 AM
going on a assumption here is this Vista?