View Full Version : HELLO FROM CARRIBEAN

Van
01-30-2011, 08:28 AM
Hey Guys, my son tells me the weather is continuing to SUK along the east coast.

But don't worry on my second week here in barbados with the misses and its sunny and warm with low humidity and just cool enough in the evening. Got an oceanfront room with a nice balcony.
We took a catamaran cruise and swam with sea turtles hand feed reef fish and been swimming everyday in the turqouise water.

Not going to do any fishing, why bother as I've eaten fish everyday.
Mahi Mahi, Tuna, Kingfish, flying fish, shrimp, carribean lobster, snapper, even marlin (but that dont taste too good).

So stay warm, I'm sure the snow will still be there when I get back.
But there is nothing better than a warm weather getaway in mid winter in NE..

Raven
01-30-2011, 08:41 AM
NICE to see someone having fun

what? no hottie beach babes VAN?

BigFish
01-30-2011, 08:46 AM
Van has a pretty big driveway guys in case you need someplace to put your snow?? Just sayin'.......he is, after all not using the driveway???:devil2:

basswipe
01-30-2011, 08:49 AM
Not going to do any fishing:confused:

Ya gotta go at least once!

striperman36
01-30-2011, 09:25 AM
Van has a pretty big driveway guys in case you need someplace to put your snow?? Just sayin'.......he is, after all not using the driveway???:devil2:

Who has a 20 yd dumper? We can head to Raven's

5/0
01-30-2011, 09:38 AM
Nice pics & glad to hear that some are able to get away and enjoy the warmer climate.Send more pics.....Maybe of some hotties on the beach:grins:

As for the snow up here........We should have enough for you when you get back,due to your driveway donation as a snow farm:rotf2:

thefishingfreak
01-30-2011, 09:52 AM
Go catch a marlin
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Mr. Sandman
01-30-2011, 10:37 AM
I Hate you :grins:

striperman36
01-30-2011, 11:58 AM
I Hate you :grins:

you just came back from FL!! Any good shots of feesh?

stripermaineiac
01-30-2011, 07:36 PM
Someone just dumped the ist load. The town needed a spot for snow removal

striperman36
01-30-2011, 07:39 PM
http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr299/snowflakes_raindrops/SNOW_1.jpg

Come on back!!

Nebe
01-30-2011, 07:49 PM
I suggest that all of our SB.com snow plowers plow all of the snow into Van's driveway for his return.. just to make up for all of the snow he missed!!!!

Mr. Sandman
01-30-2011, 10:09 PM
you just came back from FL!! Any good shots of feesh?
http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/boat-fishing-boating/68738-last-few-days-fl.html

striperman36
01-30-2011, 10:14 PM
http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/boat-fishing-boating/68738-last-few-days-fl.html

not enough pics :drool:

Van
01-31-2011, 09:12 AM
I'll se what I can do. Going to hang at another beach today.
Brining my camera.

I took my gopro and took some underwater video, this is a snap from the vid.

Raven
01-31-2011, 11:56 AM
I suggest that all of our SB.com snow plowers plow all of the snow into Van's driveway for his return.. just to make up for all of the snow he missed!!!!

hahahah your a Riot Nebe

ATTENTION STATE POLICE: he'll weally Do it :rotf2:

Van
01-31-2011, 06:25 PM

Holy Crap, just checked the weather back my way and were in for another foot ++ of that freakin stuff !!! My son is pessed. !!!!!

But be warned there is NO ROOM on either side of my little driveway or my yard for you to come dump your snow. My son told me hes been throwing it the bed of my truck from the last storm, so I figure it will be overflowing after this one and the pile will be 8' on the sidewalk !!!!

It gonna be a SHOCKER for us (esp. the Mrs) when we return next week.

Why again do we live in NE???? There is fishing everywhere....:smash:

Rob Rockcrawler
01-31-2011, 07:53 PM
Why again do we live in NE???? There is fishing everywhere....:smash:[/QUOTE]

But not stripers everywhere.

Raven
01-31-2011, 10:22 PM
VAN , the piles of snow at the grocery stores parking lots
are 15 feet tall

shocked you shall be....

i removed snow from a roof today needing a ladder to get up there

by the time i was finished i just stepped down off the roof onto the pile of snow as the ladder was no longer needed....

that's how much snow we have

Van
02-03-2011, 09:17 AM
I hear more snow on the way again this coming weekend?
Maybe it will delay my coming home and I will have to stay here longer. WHAT A BUMMER.

Toured the island on a 4x4 and took some shots of the wild side.
Even saw an SB member fishing off the cliffs. Looks like an arra rod with a VS. (NOT !!!!) But I guess they catch snapper, other reef fish and even hammerheads, that apparently make good eating :drool:

Well even after I return, there is only,,,what,,,8 more weeks of winter :fury: Then fishing again !!!!

Raven
02-03-2011, 09:37 AM
beautiful pictures Van thankyou kindly