View Full Version : Boat Decals

Duke41
04-05-2003, 09:47 AM
I wanted to share with the group what I found out about boat decals. I wanted to add two vinyl 8 inches high with a single striper decal on each side of my boat. The decal would be the boat name. They also would be 2 colors. I was quoted from $225-$300 at the boat show. I talked to the three vendors at the show. Then I went to Fast Signs place in in my home town, North Attleboro and got a quote for the exact same thing for under $75.00. I would advise others to avoid companies that advertise boat signs and go to Fast Signs as they all use the same equipment.

Team Rock On
04-05-2003, 03:39 PM
$75 seems to be right. I got the "ROCK ON" decals, 2 sets in 2 colors for about $80 for 4" letters. If you really want to save some $$ try these guys out, www.DecalDudes.com, I am ordering my girlfriend's lettering, "MYROCK". 10" letters spanning almost 6' for $17.99. I doubt these letters will last but a paint job is in the future. Website doesn't seem to work but here is where I saw them-----http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=26451&item=2409354499

RockLobsta
04-06-2003, 08:00 AM
Kind of on the subject...anyone know where I can get colored reg numbers for my boat? I don't want the "bumper sticker" numbers but individual numbers.

Thanks

Van
04-06-2003, 08:14 AM
I found a great wesite for decals.
They were about 1/4 the price I got at the boat show.

Here is the link, good luck.

http://www.decalzone.com/index.shtml

RL:
Any marine store should have individual lettering.

RockLobsta
04-06-2003, 09:04 AM
Thanks Van

I haven't found a store that carries colored letters. They all seem to have just black. The previous owner had Teal letters that matched the lines on the boat and it looks good. Pretty anal huh? This is my first "big" boat and I want to do it right.......one time

Van
04-06-2003, 05:47 PM
Oh, I misundastood.

Never seen colored individual letters.

Maybe on that website??

Good Luck, and I agree do it right the first time.....

RickBomba
04-11-2003, 01:50 PM
Guys,
I too use Fast Signs for all of my signage at work, they are a great group of people and will do anything to save me a buck.
They even drop off their stuff free of charge when they are done.
Rick

05-07-2003, 07:16 AM
I have a question on these lettered signs from (Fast Signs) what material are they made from (vinyl) and can they be removed fairly easily if needed? Also is there a Fast Signs location in RI?