View Full Version : Very happy with Kaspersky Internet Security

Saltheart
02-01-2011, 12:15 PM
I've been running Kaspersky for a while now and I'm very happy with it. Its realtime protection is pretty good and it doesn't slow the machine much at all.

When I first installed it , I noticed a slight slow down. i keep my machine pretty good so normally its blink blink blink on the internet. I'd say the Kasperky added a couple of seconds or so to internet access. I then used it a while and double checked periodically with Dr Web to see how the Kas was doing. No files found that Kaspersky hadn't already gotten. i also booted to and ran the K rescue disk and then the same with the boot to the Dr Web rescue disk. Only one file was found by K and it was not on the C drive. The second scan by Dr Web found nothing.

So anyway , I did a big sweep of the system manually. Deleted everything i didn't need including a bunch of Temp files (Temp internet fles are deleted automatically but not the other Temp files) , etc. After the thorough cleaning , the system ran as fast as it did before the Kas install but with the Kas running. I use the whole Security suite including realtime and firewall , etc. I'm very happy and the $59 minus the $59 rebate price was right!

I hear people saying its not what it used to be but it appears to be 100% effective on my machine for about 2 months now.

Piscator
02-01-2011, 01:03 PM
I've been running Kaspersky for a while now and I'm very happy with it. Its realtime protection is pretty good and it doesn't slow the machine much at all.

When I first installed it , I noticed a slight slow down. i keep my machine pretty good so normally its blink blink blink on the internet. I'd say the Kasperky added a couple of seconds or so to internet access. I then used it a while and double checked periodically with Dr Web to see how the Kas was doing. No files found that Kaspersky hadn't already gotten. i also booted to and ran the K rescue disk and then the same with the boot to the Dr Web rescue disk. Only one file was found by K and it was not on the C drive. The second scan by Dr Web found nothing.

So anyway , I did a big sweep of the system manually. Deleted everything i didn't need including a bunch of Temp files (Temp internet fles are deleted automatically but not the other Temp files) , etc. After the thorough cleaning , the system ran as fast as it did before the Kas install but with the Kas running. I use the whole Security suite including realtime and firewall , etc. I'm very happy and the $59 minus the $59 rebate price was right!

I hear people saying its not what it used to be but it appears to be 100% effective on my machine for about 2 months now.

x2

JohnnyD
02-01-2011, 02:27 PM
I've heard the same about it "not being what it used to be" but I still think it is the best overall product out there that doesn't bog things down. It's like saying a 2011 Ferrari isn't as good as the 2010 model, may be true but it's still a damn Ferrari.

Saltheart
02-01-2011, 03:11 PM
Compared to the Symantec anti virus corp edition I had , this is way better. I actually went about a year to 18 months doing manual scans and just let the Symantec provide the realtime protection. It didn't stop much but the manual scans each week plus the scan from boot drive every months kept my system clean.

This new Kapspersky seems to be doing it all and I am mostlt using all the default settings from the original install. There are many other features I am not bothering with that will further increase the security but could slow things down.

Anyway , for free , its really good! :)