View Full Version : Salt and corrosion problems on gear

stripermaineiac
02-05-2011, 08:27 AM
Well it's that time of year and I'm seeing stuff come my way for repairs.Frozen reel seats:fury:.Even the grafite ones. Found a trick a couple years ago on plug bag zippers that works on reel seats too. PAM. Spray the stuff on and let it sit for a day. Do it a couple times and it should break loose. A strap wrench will work great and keeps the nuts from getting chewed up by pliers and such. Real hot water run over them also works at times.As far as zippers go after the pam has set throw it in a warm soak with dawn. Breaks the oils loose and zipper should come loose-unless its one that's really bad.Just got done doing 6 boat rods for someone and a couple of my own plug bags. Tight lines Ron

stripermaineiac
02-05-2011, 08:30 AM
OOOPPS might have put my pst in thre wrong place was meant for the main board LOL

numbskull
02-05-2011, 01:08 PM
I used to do all that cleaning stuff, but now I buy extraordinarily expensive gear, which I abuse and neglect until it fails, then I spend my time making posts over there loudly announcing how I've been grievously wronged and that this top end stuff is junk that can't last a minute with someone who fishes as hard as I do 3 days a season.

Gets expensive, but the internet cred as a hard fisherman who has been victimized is, of course, worth it.

Karl F
02-05-2011, 01:11 PM
I used to do all that cleaning stuff, but now I buy extraordinarily expensive gear, which I abuse and neglect until it fails, then I spend my time making posts over there loudly announcing how I've been grievously wronged and that this top end stuff is junk that can't last a minute with someone who fishes as hard as I do 3 days a season.

Gets expensive, but the internet cred as a hard fisherman who has been victimized is, of course, worth it.

Thanks for the laugh George.. I think I just broke a rib, but it was worth it!

Backbeach Jake
02-05-2011, 01:29 PM
:uhuh:I used to do all that cleaning stuff, but now I buy extraordinarily expensive gear, which I abuse and neglect until it fails, then I spend my time making posts over there loudly announcing how I've been grievously wronged and that this top end stuff is junk that can't last a minute with someone who fishes as hard as I do 3 days a season.

iamskippy
02-05-2011, 02:56 PM

:rotf2: