View Full Version : WTB Snowboard Equipment

The Dad Fisherman
02-07-2011, 11:00 AM
Number one son is looking to get into snowboarding. He went for the 1st time this past weekend and had a blast. Thought I'd put a feeler out there to see if anyone had any equipment lying around they want to get rid of for some short cash.

Just let me know if you got anything

Thanx

chefchris401
02-07-2011, 12:17 PM
I have some boots, eye wear and maybe even a board and bindings. Let me checkbmy basement tomorrow.

What size boot is he??

You can take all of what I have.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

The Dad Fisherman
02-07-2011, 01:30 PM
He's a Mens Size 8......Thanx for checking. That's Awesome

PRBuzz
02-07-2011, 01:51 PM
If chef doesn't have a board, I probably have an (older) board you can have, with bindings.

chefchris401
02-07-2011, 02:07 PM
The boots are 12, so way to big.

I'll check and see what I have, your welcome to all of it.

PRBuzz
02-07-2011, 04:54 PM
Here's the snow board. It is not cracked, only a scratch.

It yours free TDF! Of course being the plug ho I am......

GattaFish
02-07-2011, 07:09 PM
Here's the snow board. It is not cracked, only a scratch.

It yours free TDF! Of course being the plug ho I am......

And ho'ing from TDF is a good thing,,, He makes some great looking stuff....:uhuh::uhuh: I really like the look of the stuff he showed me on Cutty last year,,,

numbskull
02-07-2011, 08:09 PM
A word of warning here. Ill fitting boards and boots create issues with control, safety, and drag out the learning curve.

I had one son hit a tree with a poorly sized hand-me-down board and shear his entire knee joint and lower leg off his femur (through a growth plate thank God so it was a relatively easy surgical fix).

Board length and flex is both height and weight dependent.
Binding size and board width is foot size dependent.
Wrist guards are a good choice when learning.

How tall is your son and what does he weigh?

chefchris401
02-07-2011, 09:13 PM
Glad you brought thus up Numbskull.

I use to snowboard a lot and have the right matched gear is key, makes the whole experience much better.

TDF look online and see what they recommend for him according to his height and weight.

It's probably still a good idea to grab some gear now if you have the storage room and get it for plugs.

You can also try the rental places at the end of the season for good deals.

iamskippy
02-07-2011, 11:21 PM
If that board dont fit him, i got one as a well you can have binding are on it.

I have a buddy dumping some gear fairly cheap - Large jacket goggles grande gloves etc. PM me

The Dad Fisherman
02-08-2011, 06:53 AM
How tall is your son and what does he weigh?

He's 5'5" and weighs about 140....he definitely didn't inherit his father's portly-ness.

Looking at a size chart online looks like the length would be somewhere between 140-15 cm and a regular board would work for width for now.....He is just beginning and can get better gear as he progresses through the sport.

PRB that looks pissah....and I'm sure a plug or 2 can find its way into your bag.

Skippy PM Sent.....

Thanks again guys

PRBuzz
02-08-2011, 07:12 AM
He's 5'5" and weighs about 140....he definitely didn't inherit his father's portly-ness.

Looking at a size chart online looks like the length would be somewhere between 140-15 cm and a regular board would work for width for now.....He is just beginning and can get better gear as he progresses through the sport.

PRB that looks pissah....and I'm sure a plug or 2 can find its way into your bag.

Skippy PM Sent.....

Thanks again guys

TDF: I'll get you measurements later this afternoon. That would be about the size my son was when he used this board.

PRBuzz
02-08-2011, 04:06 PM
The board measures: 132 x 24cm, want inches? 52 x 9.5"