View Full Version : GTFOOH

UserRemoved
02-08-2011, 10:53 AM
Mandatory Arabic Classes Coming To Mansfield CBS Dallas / Fort Worth (http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2011/02/07/mandatory-arabic-classes-coming-to-mansfield/)

Language of the future. :smash:

UserRemoved
02-08-2011, 10:54 AM
And tax money is paying for this.

Raven
02-08-2011, 10:57 AM
i'd tellem where to stuff it

in French class i ripped the desk right off it's pedestal and tossed it out the window

i didn't need french then and i dont need it now

nor ARABIC learn English or get Lost

The Dad Fisherman
02-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Its the Mandatory part that seems to me to be the issue. Nothing wrong w/ learning Arabic in school if students want to..... and the fact that the school board did this w/out letting the parents know.....especially w/ the word mandatory attached....That's the Big Issue

I get a kick out of the guy that immedialtely makes the leap from Arabic Language to Islamic religion........They Teach Chinese in schools....don't see them turning kids into buddhists

UserRemoved
02-08-2011, 11:44 AM
yea I don't like the mandatory stuff or the fact that it's costing 1.3 million.

Somebody's earmark no doubt

buckman
02-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Its the Mandatory part that seems to me to be the issue. Nothing wrong w/ learning Arabic in school if students want to..... and the fact that the school board did this w/out letting the parents know.....especially w/ the word mandatory attached....That's the Big Issue

I get a kick out of the guy that immedialtely makes the leap from Arabic Language to Islamic religion........They Teach Chinese in schools....don't see them turning kids into buddhists

My daughter at Umass has two professors that are Chinese. She can't understand a word they say and the are both lectures!!! WTF is this country doing??????

spence
02-08-2011, 12:14 PM
All this bill does is fund programs to promote the teaching of foreign languages
(Arabic, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Russian, and languages in the Indic,
Iranian, and Turkic language families.) that the Government believes are of future importance but are under represented.

Given the global nature of the current and future economies, you'd think that this would be a prudent measure to help shore up an eroding leadership position.

I would think the school system would have some freedom as to how they really would implement as an elective vs required class. Right now all we know is that the Government is going to force little Johnny to worship Allah, because you linked off Drudge.

-spence

Sea Dangles
02-08-2011, 12:51 PM
My 6 year old takes Chinese in an after school program.

JohnnyD
02-08-2011, 12:54 PM
My daughter at Umass has two professors that are Chinese. She can't understand a word they say and the are both lectures!!! WTF is this country doing??????
That's ridicurous!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb1PRxV0mpw#t=0m6s

spence
02-08-2011, 01:10 PM
My 6 year old takes Chinese in an after school program.
Soon...I'd keep an eye on her.

YouTube - Volunteers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bIIqpuD7_4)

-spence

scottw
02-08-2011, 04:01 PM
it's never too early to get started training for the Jihad...

they should try mandating English in Detroit where half of the population is functionally illiterate....I mean...if you are going to require something it's a good place to start...particularly if... "the Government believes are of future importance but are under represented"

ever notice that Spence uses a big "G" for government and a little "g" for God....hmmmmmmm

buckman
02-08-2011, 04:27 PM
ever notice that Spence uses a big "G" for government and a little "g" for God....hmmmmmmm

I call BS....he used a big A for Allah:rotf2:

spence
02-08-2011, 05:29 PM

Exactly, same God.

-spence

FishermanTim
02-08-2011, 05:31 PM
I would SPECIFICALLY ask (demand) they teach me the following phrases FIRST:

"Kill all infidels"
"You're a woman, you don't count"
"You HAVE to do what I say or I'll cry RACIST"
"Where do I learn to fly a plane, buy chemicals and cell phones?"
"Obama is the greatest ruler ever, after ________ (whoever is the living ruler of that country that week)"
"How do I go about buying citizenship in this country?"

UserRemoved
02-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Mansfield Arabic Program On Hold CBS Dallas / Fort Worth (http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2011/02/07/mandatory-arabic-classes-coming-to-mansfield/)

Wow that changed quick huh?

RIROCKHOUND
02-08-2011, 06:59 PM

Watch out, or you'll get a big F for U :biglaugh:

fishpoopoo
02-09-2011, 08:21 AM
Folks in the DoD and intelligence communities view this as a positive.

Know your adversary. That means understand the language.

I'm all for it.

JohnnyD
02-09-2011, 10:33 AM
People who think teaching Arabic = Forcing the Muslim religion down our throats are complete nitwits.

I'd rather they be teaching kids Arabic/Chinese/Japanese (which are all extremely difficult to learn) than teaching kids Spanish or Portuguese due to it "being more useful because of all the immigrants that speak that language."

FishermanTim
02-09-2011, 11:53 AM
But is making it a MANDATORY class the right way to go?

Do we have mandatory English classes for immigrants? I don't think so because they wouldn't stand for it.

Now having a mandatory foreign language class with a selection to choose from, that is more feasible.
Oh, and not just french, spanish or german either.
(No, definitely not canadian!)

fishpoopoo
02-09-2011, 12:38 PM
dirka dirka

like my burqa?

scottw
02-10-2011, 11:04 AM
Exactly, same God.

-spence

simply not possible....

if you draw a cartoon of Jesus or Jehovah or stick a crucifix in a jar of pee...the National Endowment for the Arts will offer to fund your work...

if you draw a cartoon of Mohammed or Allah or stick a Koran in a jar of pee.....you cause worldwide violent, deadly protests, probably get imprisoned in many countries and may even spend the rest of your life looking over your shoulder...:uhuh:

definitely not the same....