View Full Version : info on a kayak

tinyboatbigfish
02-09-2011, 10:55 AM
i am looking at buying a emotion fishing kayak can anyone tell me what they are worth and if they are good thanks sean

BigFish
02-09-2011, 02:33 PM
OK good....you made it here? I have no knowledge of that brand? Somebody in here may be able to answer your questions. Also try a visit to newenglandkayakfishing.com......great and informative site with lots of yak fishermen who are more than happy to help! Go have a look and good luck!:)

blondterror
02-09-2011, 02:48 PM
Sean- I strongly suggest you test drive a kayak before you buy... all the good dealers will let you demo their yaks ... try it under the conditions that you plan to use it.... I am not familiar with them but I just took a gander at their website and they look similar to Ocean kayak.... many guys here and on the NEKF site prefer the hobie yaks so they can peddle and fish at the same time.. your hands are free on a Hobie

where do you plan to kayak fish?

tinyboatbigfish
02-09-2011, 04:16 PM
well i just bought it i could not leave it there for price. i paid 299.for it and if anyone is looking for a fishing kayak they have two left at building 19 in hanover it sells online for 800 so even if i dont like i can sell it later down road

BigFish
02-09-2011, 04:27 PM
Post a pic of it??

The Dad Fisherman
02-10-2011, 07:44 AM
What model was it that you purchased?

tinyboatbigfish
02-10-2011, 02:09 PM
it is a 14 ft emotion olive green fisherman paid 299 i think that is a good price i hope it is a good price

tinyboatbigfish
02-10-2011, 02:20 PM
i tried to upload it and it wont put the pic up if you want a pic to see what they look like pm me i will email it to you

oceanspray
02-13-2011, 11:06 AM
Just purchased an 8' Emotions Carve at Ocean State Job Lots... $200. A sit-on-top, manufactured by Emotions, but also marketed as Colemans, Shakespear, and Flex kayaks. Looks OK and has good reviews (stable for size). Never had it in the water, so performance to be determined. Purchased this model strictly for it's small size (to fit on pilot house roof), and will be used for limited fishing from "mother ship", along the shore in relatively benign conditions.