View Full Version : idiot plow drivers....

FishermanTim
02-09-2011, 12:02 PM
I had a spot cleaned out that I maintained and used EVERY DAY!
during the past month of storms I was able to give our plow driver enough room to clear the street and still clean a little pull-off area that I fine tuned for my truck. Life was good!

Then a city plow comes through this past weekend, and decided to try and expand the frozen embankment oneither side, and effectively proceeded to plow 50-80 lb. snow boulders into my spot (I know it's not really MY spot) but also blocked our driveway causing my brother to have to drive OVER a snow mound to get to work in the morning.
In just one pass this 'tard pretty much undid all the work we had done over the past month.

If I see that particular plow a-hole again, I'm going to throw a yellow sno-globe into his cab. (Of course I won't do it where he will know which vehicle is mine, because the last thing I need is a vindictice Napoleanic POC on my case.

So, when's the next storm due?

Raven
02-09-2011, 02:41 PM
i hope next winter

Sgt Striper
02-09-2011, 03:34 PM
:uhuh::uhuh:

Raider Ronnie
02-09-2011, 06:56 PM
You don't own the street or the frontage in front of your house. Frontage varies from towns & cities.

OLD GOAT
02-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Did you guys get snow?????

Sea Dangles
02-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Hopefully it is now safe for emergency vehicles like fire trucks as well as school buses.Piss off a plow driver and you will become an expert at shoveling,that is a guarantee.

Raider Ronnie
02-09-2011, 09:35 PM
I got to laugh at everyone who pisses & moans about shoveling their driveway and the big bad plows come down the streets and leave the snow at the end of the driveway.
What good does shoveling your driveway do if the streets didn't get plowed ??? where the hell you going go then ???

BigFish
02-09-2011, 09:52 PM
I always thought that funny too Ron! I just always leave the end of the driveway for last. People gots to bitch!:uhuh:

Raider Ronnie
02-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Hopefully it is now safe for emergency vehicles like fire trucks as well as school buses.Piss off a plow driver and you will become an expert at shoveling,that is a guarantee.

"Piss off a plow driver and you will become an expert at shoveling,that is a guarantee."

Kind of like the Moonbat liberals with the Obama signs in their front lawn and stickers all over the rear of their cars that live near me !
:rotf2:
I kind of feel bad for the poor bastards because of all the snow I've left for them,, NOT !!!
:hidin:

FishermanTim
02-10-2011, 12:10 PM
I'm not complaining because he plowed snow in front of our driveway.
We expect that as part of the plowing process, as something that can and WILL happen. What I'm talking about is a plow that comes by a week later, after the snow banks have been converted into icebergs, and plows them all over the street, leaving 50-80 lb. boulders infront of our driveway and in the street, making driving impossible.

Now what if a plow dropped off a 2'x4' boulder in front of your driveway, and left 3'x3' obstacles on the street? Would you just smile an say "Thank you sir, I'd like some more!" or would you get a little mad?

Keep in mind that this was a week AFTER any snowfall.

Redsoxticket
02-10-2011, 01:12 PM
I would call the mayor's office to complain. What if there was a mother to be had to make an emergency trip.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Sea Dangles
02-10-2011, 01:15 PM
Many times a neighborhood gets left with narrow streets after a storm.Sometimes you have subs doing the streets and they don't push back to the curb.After the streets,the schools get done and then the sidewalks and then more sanding.So after a couple straight days of work you rest and then get back after it.Some streets right now are impassable with two cars,throw a bus or UPS truck on that street and you have a problem.Never mind a trash truck.So yeah,occasionally the town goes out to "push back" so the roads are safer for you.Unfortunately this results in a little more cleanup on the residents part which isn't bad if you are a healthy male,for seniors and disabled folks it is a genuine concern.The people who usually complain the most are the idiots who pull their car onto a previously plowed street and clean it off or park on the shoulder in front of their driveway to prevent the plow from cleanup which just leaves a mess.The 3x3 piles in the street are the result of panty wastes discharging said obstacles from their driveways out of anger.With some people you can never win.My driveway is a couple hundred feet long,when it is clean I go with my kids and help my elderly neighbors and any house which has a female doing cleanup.The wussification of this country is depressing.

FishermanTim
02-10-2011, 04:21 PM
Maybe it's just me, but this is the first year that this has happened in our neighborhood.
Maybe the problem is much more direct and much simpler:
The plow drivers that were contracted/sub-contracted must have thought "This is a sweet deal! I get paid for the season and I don't have to do anything (because of the global warming)."
THEN we get a season like this, and instead of doing a thorough job, they do a rush/pi$$-poor job and head back home to "rest".

NOTE-This does not include those that have to deal with the idiots that park on the street. My brother and I double park in our driveway to ensure clear passage in front of our house. I "used" to park on the sidewalk, but that was still an obstacle for a good plowing.

Raider Ronnie
02-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Maybe it's just me, but this is the first year that this has happened in our neighborhood.
Maybe the problem is much more direct and much simpler:
The plow drivers that were contracted/sub-contracted must have thought "This is a sweet deal! I get paid for the season and I don't have to do anything (because of the global warming)."
THEN we get a season like this, and instead of doing a thorough job, they do a rush/pi$$-poor job and head back home to "rest".

NOTE-This does not include those that have to deal with the idiots that park on the street. My brother and I double park in our driveway to ensure clear passage in front of our house. I "used" to park on the sidewalk, but that was still an obstacle for a good plowing.

This has not exactly been a typical winter with the back to back to bag big storms.
You say these guys were plowing your street ?
If so and they are hired by the city or state they are only payed when they work, as I am.
I will says this, I feel for you people in the city of Boston. I grew up there and you couldn't pay me enough to move back there. I hate even going into the city now.

JohnnyD
02-10-2011, 08:48 PM
The only thing that gets me about plow guys are the private ones not plowing for the town. Seems like there isn't a single person with a plow on their truck that has any regard for other people on the road or the rules of the road. I'm sure some people care, I just haven't witnessed it.

Backing up into a busy intersection? No problem
Driving the wrong way down the road? Sure
Plow in the neighbor's car to clear your customers driveway? Of course
Push a mound of snow into the street causing a 6" speed bump of ice on a 30MPH road? You betcha.

It's like they think the cute yellow light on top of their truck is a license to do whatever they want.

Swimmer
02-12-2011, 10:01 PM
I'm not complaining because he plowed snow in front of our driveway.
We expect that as part of the plowing process, as something that can and WILL happen. What I'm talking about is a plow that comes by a week later, after the snow banks have been converted into icebergs, and plows them all over the street, leaving 50-80 lb. boulders infront of our driveway and in the street, making driving impossible.

Now what if a plow dropped off a 2'x4' boulder in front of your driveway, and left 3'x3' obstacles on the street? Would you just smile an say "Thank you sir, I'd like some more!" or would you get a little mad?

Keep in mind that this was a week AFTER any snowfall.

I wouldn't be whining to other residents of New England about #^&#^&#^&#^&ing snow, or the plow drver. As far as I am concerned no one in Boston or its environs should be allowed to park on the street, but the #^&#^&#^&#^&ing city planners starting in the 1600's allowed all those houses to be built two feet apart leaving no space for the horse and buggy to be parked on the residents property. Go to Utah and see how the city streets in Salt Lake City are 60 feet from side to sife. They were laid out in the 1800's so a wagon could have enough room to do a U-Turn. No thats foresight.

fishaholic18
03-13-2011, 09:35 PM
"Piss off a plow driver and you will become an expert at shoveling,that is a guarantee."

Kind of like the Moonbat liberals with the Obama signs in their front lawn and stickers all over the rear of their cars that live near me !
:rotf2:
I kind of feel bad for the poor bastards because of all the snow I've left for them,, NOT !!!
:hidin:

:wall::smash:

SurfCaster413
03-14-2011, 12:29 AM
People who bitch about plow guys just think they have all the answers. God I love plowing snow. So hows that shovel working out for yeah. lol