View Full Version : lousy west marine coupon

fishsmith
02-11-2011, 08:07 AM
West Marine is offering a coupon $15 off a $100 purchase, but wtf, look at what's excluded .....

*Coupon valid through March 10th, 2011 only. Coupon may not be combined with other coupons or offers. Not redeemable for cash or gift cards. Limit one coupon per customer, per transaction, per day. Excludes PLUS Plan extended warranties, memberships, services and gift cards. Excludes "Internet-Only" price items plus, Mercury Engines®, Penn®, Shimano®, Minn Kota®, Cannon®, Humminbird®, Daiwa®, KVH®, Torqeedo®, Xantrex®, JOBY, Dubarry of Ireland and select Garmin®, Shakespeare® Fishing and Calcutta® products. Excludes Electronics, Boats & Motors. Discount does not apply to taxes, shipping and handling charges or similar processing charges. Offer void where prohibited by law.

Raven
02-11-2011, 09:40 AM
they might as well say no 15 dollar coverage charge with this here coupon ....what a JOKE...

i finally got my PAIR of EXTRA large ice fishin gloves
from BASS pro ok.... and they were also a JOKE
(because they're made in china)
(they have small hands and narrow feet)

my fingers bottomed out to the point they were totally USELESS
and i gave them to my wife to USE
if she has to clean snow off her car...

Lesson Learned... i try em on before i buy from now ON
the other thing that sucked was they were not sewed just glued :wall:

WESTPORTMAFIA
02-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Everything at West Marine can be purchased for at least 20% less elsewhere anyway. They are overpriced on everything.

likwid
02-11-2011, 10:52 AM
West Marine is offering a coupon $15 off a $100 purchase, but wtf, look at what's excluded .....

*Coupon valid through March 10th, 2011 only. Coupon may not be combined with other coupons or offers. Not redeemable for cash or gift cards. Limit one coupon per customer, per transaction, per day. Excludes PLUS Plan extended warranties, memberships, services and gift cards. Excludes "Internet-Only" price items plus, Mercury Engines®, Penn®, Shimano®, Minn Kota®, Cannon®, Humminbird®, Daiwa®, KVH®, Torqeedo®, Xantrex®, JOBY, Dubarry of Ireland and select Garmin®, Shakespeare® Fishing and Calcutta® products. Excludes Electronics, Boats & Motors. Discount does not apply to taxes, shipping and handling charges or similar processing charges. Offer void where prohibited by law.

They're all price control companies.
They don't go on sale.

Shimano and Dubarry have been known to pull their products from even larger internet outlets/box stores for going below their pricing.

MakoMike
02-11-2011, 01:03 PM
Everything at West Marine can be purchased for at least 20% less elsewhere anyway. They are overpriced on everything.

Generally true, but if you bring them an ad they will price match.

likwid
02-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Generally true, but if you bring them an ad they will price match.

There's one 5min from where I'm moving to.

They might as well keep the defender catalog on hand. :rotf2:

crash
02-11-2011, 03:24 PM
There's one 5min from where I'm moving to.

They might as well keep the defender catalog on hand. :rotf2:

They do, any time I go in I tell them I can get a better deal from defender, and they go pull the catalog from the back and match it. Still a hassle, but when you need something immediately west marine is often the only place open.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

MakoMike
02-11-2011, 05:25 PM
I go there simply for convenience, its right around the corner from where I dock. I alsways have a defender and a Hamilton Marine catalog in my truck. :)

likwid
02-12-2011, 05:24 PM
I go there simply for convenience, its right around the corner from where I dock. I alsways have a defender and a Hamilton Marine catalog in my truck. :)

Forgot about Hammo.
Need to add that to the pile.

Fishoholic
02-12-2011, 10:36 PM
Those items are all MAP priced and some of the manufactures are pretty strict on low balling other retailers. As said, shimano is dead serious about going below MAP priced. It's a very good thing if you are in the retail business. :) Any company worth it's weight will do "competitive pricing" they just don't exactly advertise it. Never know till you ask :uhuh: