View Full Version : How many use spray clear between painting steps?

Muskyslayer96
02-13-2011, 07:37 AM
Have you guys ever used a spray rattle can clear coat between airbrushing layers? If so what brand and how did it work (did it protect the layer below if you screwed up and needed to wipe off the top layer).

Thanks,

MS

O.D. Mike
02-13-2011, 09:25 AM
That's what I do, whatever brand Lowes sells... I use clear everytime I scale plugs, it stops scratches and pealing paints. If I layer paints, I will not clear between colors.

BigFish
02-13-2011, 09:45 AM
The more steps you have in the finishing process, the more that can go wrong! KISS! Keep It Simple Stupid! I seal, prime, sand, paint and clear.....end of story. :)

Slipknot
02-13-2011, 11:28 AM
nope

screwed up a few yesterday, just wipe or do the best I can, they are gonna get messed by fish hopefully anyway so a few blems is no biggy to me.

ecduzitgood
02-13-2011, 11:33 AM
This might help:http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/plug-building-got-wood/67623-scratch-coats.html

BILLC
02-13-2011, 01:20 PM
When using rattle cans I don't use a clear in between paint and epoxy. But when using the delta paints with the air brush I do have some adhesion problems. I had a small bottle that I peeled all the epoxy off and the plug looked like it was just finished painting and ready for epoxy.:smash: