View Full Version : Portable music storage Ipod ????

Swimmer
02-14-2011, 10:48 AM
My sony walkman crapped out and I want to join this millenium music wise. So what is an appropriate sound delivery system thats cheap, compact, that only needs room for ten to fifteen albums, (O.K. CD's)? I see people at the Y with these little 2 x 3 things strapped to there biceps and buds in thier ears. It needs to be cheap, cheap, cheap. Spent my play money on fishing gear.

The Dad Fisherman
02-14-2011, 12:02 PM
I'm not trying to be mean....but this is one funny post. :hihi:

You can probably get away with a new cell phone from your provider that will hold music for you. Check them out and see if you can get an upgrade. That's probably your cheapest option

RIJIMMY
02-14-2011, 12:26 PM
swimmer. I have a Creative (brand) MP3 player, fits hundreds of songs. It was a very good model 4-5yrs ago. Its yours for free. I need to find the charger and cd (allows you to convert songs to mp3)
I loved this thing before my ipod. I have the case and belt clip. Let me search around the house and get back to you. Ping me via PM if I dont get back, busy week!

RIJIMMY
02-14-2011, 12:38 PM
looks just like this but yellow

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Labs-NOMAD-MuVo%C2%B2-Player/dp/B0001BXCFS

The Dad Fisherman
02-14-2011, 01:03 PM
I need to find the charger and cd (allows you to convert songs to mp3)

Don't sweat the CD too much...you can download WinAmp or other utilities off of the interent that will do that to....as a metter of fact Windows Media Player does it too...

Raven
02-14-2011, 01:46 PM
whistle

Swimmer
02-15-2011, 11:14 AM
Don't sweat the CD too much...you can download WinAmp or other utilities off of the interent that will do that to....as a metter of fact Windows Media Player does it too...

Well, someone finally thinks something I posted is funny. I am going to grab, without hestitation the free offer, on the MP3. I'll have to actually read up on one before it comes.

I do have Windows Media player on my HP, thanks Dad.

DMenace
02-16-2011, 09:37 AM
10-15 albums, huh? I gotta agree with Dad on the funny part of this one. I've been cracking up since I read it, reminds me of something one of my brothers would say.

Swimmer
02-16-2011, 03:00 PM
10-15 albums, huh? I gotta agree with Dad on the funny part of this one. I've been cracking up since I read it, reminds me of something one of my brothers would say.

O.K. CD'S...

fishbones
02-16-2011, 03:07 PM
O.K. CD'S...

You had it right in your original post. A CD is also an album. Album just refers to the collection of music on the CD or record.

DMenace
02-17-2011, 12:54 AM
I get it, I still speak of albums myself. It makes me laugh at myself when I get the looks from my daughters. I would aim to try to pick up a cheap/used IPod. Kids go through these things like nobody's business, constantly replacing them with the next newest one. ITunes is a free download. I have around 5,000 songs in my library and have bought only around 50-100 songs at most. Boston Public Library has tons of CD's they lend out, I put it in my ITunes and return it the next day. Cheapest method around, plus good quality.

Swimmer
02-17-2011, 03:01 PM
So any CD/album you have, you can load it on your "device" using WINAMP or another app. with all the borrowed music available, cool.

zacs
02-18-2011, 05:11 PM
not exactly. You need to get your "albums" into mp3 format. Use Winamp, WMP, Whatever. Or you can download them from wherever or borrow them from a friend... Then most likely you can just use windows explorer and drag and drop or copy and paste on to the device.