View Full Version : Spammers!

PRBuzz
02-15-2011, 10:31 AM
You have WON $$, please contact us!

How many people do you think fall for their tricks? Click here (the attached has 3 different versions to get a response), unsubscribe here, send us your bank account info to deposit the winnings, and if all that doesn't work send us a snail mail letter to the address below..:wall:

At least there are some pretty good SPAM filters on the browsers to keep help screen out and move this sh*t right where it belongs: in the TRASH!

The Dad Fisherman
02-15-2011, 01:11 PM
all they need is 1 in 100,000 to bite......

Raven
02-15-2011, 05:17 PM
i have been searching for anti- spam ware........
and i create several spam filters twice a day
doing "details only" searches and blocking domains

for all of our so-called sophistication and
artificial intelligence , i have yet to see anything remotely
available for down load to assist you rather than having to do it
all manually....... :doh:

PRBuzz
02-15-2011, 05:31 PM
All I know is that I don't get much spam breakthrough into interesting e-mail (inbox) and find most of it gets caught by Gmail's spam filters!

Raven
02-15-2011, 06:27 PM
well , the SPAMMERS continuously change their name

or they add a garbled ending like JOE@ domain.com\hwbhfqlqekfh

so what i do is...

i put in the filter to block: -> *@domain.com
and check: delete it ,never send it to spam

it's a FUN GAME !

spence
02-15-2011, 06:37 PM
We actually got one of the Nigerian letters in the mail the other week. Hell I washed my hands three times after reading that thing.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

JohnnyD
02-16-2011, 10:35 AM
The scams continue because people fall for it. Supposedly, a huge portion of funding for many Russian and Nigerian cartels comes from them getting bank information through these scams. Dateline did a pretty interesting episode about it - although I do have trouble listening to that pretentious ass Chris Hansen for more than a couple minutes.

Raven
02-16-2011, 11:00 AM
is when you receive bogus postal money orders
for say $2000.00
then they say deposit them and send back half
and you keep the rest.

then you get to go see the postal investigator
and give him all the evidence.

Swimmer
02-16-2011, 03:29 PM
You have no idea how many times people walk into the lobby of the police station and thrust copies of emails under the window and ask, "is this real"? I do not hide things with blank expressions. This occured at leats twice a week and sometimes more. People wanted cruisers to respond to thier houses to look at computor screens with the messages on the screen saying you've won thousands just send adeposit and we'll forward your winnings. To even think about taking part in anything like this is dumb, but there are lots of dumb and greedy people out there.

Raven
02-16-2011, 03:46 PM
you left out the most important word Swimmer

and that word is

:point: gullible