View Full Version : Bad thoughts needed for Spence

spence
02-15-2011, 06:44 PM
Looks like I've blown my right knee, date with the MRI this week. This really sucks as I get all my exercise running and cycling.

As they say "break a leg" for good luck, I'm thinking some bad vibes might just help me out at the orthopedist tomorrow.

Have at it :hihi:

PRBuzz
02-15-2011, 06:47 PM
Have fun with the thumping, thumping, thumping, thumping, thumping, thumping, thumping, thumping, thumping, thumping, thumping, thumping, thumping, thumping, thumping, thumping, thumping, thumping, and thumping.....

I've had both my knees scoped for torn cartilage.

Nebe
02-15-2011, 07:12 PM
Karma for questioning my photography skills.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

tattoobob
02-15-2011, 07:16 PM
Good luck tomorrow Spence

spence
02-15-2011, 07:32 PM
Good luck tomorrow Spence

No bad luck bad luck!

tattoobob
02-15-2011, 07:41 PM
Break a leg tomorrow

spence
02-15-2011, 08:15 PM
Break a leg tomorrow

Thanks!

Piscator
02-15-2011, 08:18 PM
By the looks of your avatar, Einstein blew more than just his knee……..

Raven
02-15-2011, 08:33 PM
take up Gardening ....healthier on the Knees than your present form of exercising

GET WELL SOON

UserRemoved
02-15-2011, 08:36 PM
I'm poking your cupie doll with a pin. That twitch in your eye is me

O.D. Mike
02-15-2011, 08:57 PM
Looks like I've blown my right knee, date with the MRI this week. This really sucks as I get all my exercise running and cycling.

As they say "break a leg" for good luck, I'm thinking some bad vibes might just help me out at the orthopedist tomorrow.

Make sure the surgeon is a very good one! My first scope failed and I needed another scope one a year later.

Break a leg!

justplugit
02-15-2011, 08:58 PM
The best to you Spence. :btu:

PRBuzz
02-15-2011, 09:03 PM
Ask the surgeon for a local so you can watch! I did and he said no. Apparently when they scope it they like to wrap you leg around a pole to spread the joint apart. If you are awake and watching there is this tendency to want to fight the Dr. from doing such horrendous things to your knee.

Maybe you will be lucky and it's not torn cartilage but a really bad sprain, all they'll have to do is insert this big old 50cc syringe with an nice wide bore needle and suck the juices out! I had that done too, many times.

Here's hoping for the worse tomorrow!

Piscator
02-15-2011, 09:07 PM

Where is your fishing stuff in case you don't make it?

I bet it's a sprain. My buddy just had something similar. He thought it was really bad and the MRI showed just a sprain. Good luck.

tynan19
02-16-2011, 08:42 AM
Bad wishes, heal slow.

spence
02-16-2011, 08:46 AM
Where is your fishing stuff in case you don't make it?

I bet it's a sprain. My buddy just had something similar. He thought it was really bad and the MRI showed just a sprain. Good luck.

Agree. Gear is in an undisclosed location.

JohnR
02-16-2011, 08:52 AM
I started with a local, they saw how bad it was then gave me a general, 3 hours later....

That was 90 pounds ago with no insurance 18 or so years. Just because some ahole can't field a ball :wall:

Hope you don't have the issues I did (ACL/MCL/ 35% of Cartiledge and thats just the left knee) and it was just a sprain.

fishbones
02-16-2011, 09:43 AM
Is this just another ploy to get you out of fishing for another season?:devil2:

Seriously, I'm wishing the worst possible luck on you, Spence. That being said, I hope it ends up being a very minor issue and a quick, painless recovery.

Mr. Sandman
02-16-2011, 11:25 AM
Having health issues suck. As you get older they occur more frequently and the healing time is extended. What took a week to heal when you were 20 takes 6 months when you are 50. It really takes away from the fun things in life.:fishin:

If it makes you feel better, I slammed my thumb and index finger with 3# sledge hammer the other day (working on the boat). The pain is extreme. It does not subside. My thumb is black. It hurts to do anything. I have a hard time even driving. It took me 5 min to type this with one hand. My left hand is useless....but the good news is my rotator cuff in my shoulder does not seem to hurt as much anymore....go figure.:confused:

Swimmer
02-16-2011, 03:18 PM
God wasn't fair when he figured in the time factor in regard to older peoples healing process for sure. We should heal more quickly and youngsters should heal more slowly, because the youngsters make up for the severity of thier injuries with thier age. The pain a three pound sledge causes reverberated through my fingers/thumbs when I reda Sandman's post.

It is why I started going to the Y everyday and I am not going to stop. Lost thirty #'s and I am going to lose 40 #'s more before the next derby. I am going to walk the beach this year. The friekin eliptical machines shudders when it sees me walking towards it.

And Spence, I just cant wish you bad thoughts. I am not made that way. Good luck, I hope it minor, and heals fully and quickly.

striperman36
02-16-2011, 06:21 PM

Dr Staebler at Aquidneck Ortho did my partial. Good dude on the island.

spence
02-20-2011, 12:42 PM
Thanks for all the negative vibes. Visit was best case and it doesn't look like there's a tear. Six weeks to heal instead of all year. This makes me very happy.

Bring on the spring.

-spence

striperman36
02-20-2011, 12:56 PM
Steps are best

PRBuzz
02-20-2011, 01:09 PM
Thanks for all the negative vibes. Visit was best case and it doesn't look like there's a tear. Six weeks to heal instead of all year. This makes me very happy.

Bring on the spring.

-spence

Good to hear, you will be healed and back out fishing soon...:uhuh:

justplugit
02-20-2011, 01:33 PM

Bring on the spring.

-spence

Glad to hear it's not that bad,Spence. :btu:

However,according to your reverse philosophy
you should be asking for more winter. :)

How will we know what you mean when you post, have you
been a Conservative all these years? :huh: :D

striperman36
02-20-2011, 08:20 PM
I'll have a rubber mattel with me. be out on 138 about 445 running, we'll fix it.

fishbones
02-21-2011, 10:48 AM
Good to hear, you will be healed and back out fishing soon...:uhuh:

Didn't you know? Spence doesn't fish. He just likes hanging out on fishing sites because it makes him feel more manly after spending time on the fashion websites.

spence
02-21-2011, 01:05 PM
Didn't you know? Spence doesn't fish. He just likes hanging out on fishing sites because it makes him feel more manly after spending time on the fashion websites.
Agreed. Knowing I could easily kick most of your asses does indeed make me feel more manly.

Assuming I'm 100% on the knee though. Need to work on my steps.

-spence

justplugit
02-21-2011, 01:12 PM
Agreed. Knowing I could easily kick most of your asses does indeed make me feel more manly.

-spence

Good thing it didn't happen when you were on the college varsity karate team. :D

fishbones
02-21-2011, 01:21 PM

Assuming I'm 100% on the knee though. Need to work on my steps.

-spence

You be careful, now. I hope the doctor explained to you that high heels and a bad knee can be dangerous to your health.

spence
02-21-2011, 01:30 PM
Good thing it didn't happen when you were on the college varsity karate team. :D
I had plenty of muscle pulls back then. Hell, in 1993 I had three hamstring pulls in 4 months. Could barely walk...

-spence

spence
02-21-2011, 01:32 PM
You be careful, now. I hope the doctor explained to you that high heels and a bad knee can be dangerous to your health.

My last clothing purchase was a SAGE jacket. Excellent build quality, trim fit and has pockets everywhere. Windproof and lightly insulated...love it.

At least the fly fisherman will be impressed. The problem with heels is that it's nearly impossible to keep the felts glued on.

-spence

fishbones
02-21-2011, 01:46 PM
My last clothing purchase was a SAGE jacket. Excellent build quality, trim fit and has pockets everywhere. Windproof and lightly insulated...love it.

At least the fly fisherman will be impressed. The problem with heels is that it's nearly impossible to keep the felts glued on.

-spence

Now you're trying to impress the fly fishermen, huh? That figures.

What's the hardest part about becoming a fly fisherman?

Telling your wife you're gay.:rotf2:

justplugit
02-21-2011, 09:33 PM
I had plenty of muscle pulls back then. Hell, in 1993 I had three hamstring pulls in 4 months. Could barely walk...

-spence

Ya, those college Varsity karate matches can be intenese. :hihi:

Has the NCAA recognized Varsity karate as a qualified college sport yet? :huh: