View Full Version : Plugfest 2011 thanks

Slipknot
02-19-2011, 05:24 PM
Thanks JohnR for this site, it couldn't happen without you, thanks to everyone for coming and helping out, pitching in, bringing stuff, buying raffle tickets, donating to the raffle that supports the costs of the site. Thanks for coming and trading plugs. Thanks for showing plugs, fixtures and jigs for plugmaking.

another successful year and a great time had by everyone:uhuh:

I forgot that calendar I won , I think it was on the counter by the door, did anyone happen to grab it? if not I'll try calling tomorrow.

Thank you all for coming
it was fun seeing friends and meeting new ones:btu:

Now I can't wait to take these plugs fishing, I'm jonsing and really need to go fishing............

striperman36
02-19-2011, 05:31 PM
thanks to you Bruce , it's always been awesome

Now that pulled pork was the best damn thing I ate in some time.

Can we come back tomorrow?

BigFish
02-19-2011, 05:37 PM
Bruce as always.....thanks for all you do! That event is something you should be very proud of! Its always a great day and we all know how much you pour into it and we thank you for that!! :uhuh:

Great seeing everyone today!!:)

outnumbered
02-19-2011, 05:40 PM
Thanks Bruce always a great time nice to see everyone again. Always learn something from the great talent pool that was there.

Slipknot
02-19-2011, 06:13 PM
I think JohnR got quite a charge out of this plug :)

Tagger
02-19-2011, 06:33 PM
Great People,,, good times .. thanks all , you inspire me .. Special thanks Bruce, John and Danny ..

johnny ducketts
02-19-2011, 06:33 PM
I'd like to say thanks to the guys who gave my little guy the 2 plugs, he even fell asleep in the car seat on the way home holding on to them. Thanks again guys, We had a great time seeing the awesome amount of creativity that was in that room.

WoodyCT
02-19-2011, 06:56 PM
A great time for sure!

Thanks to all for putting it on, and special thanks to The Greek and Rockfish9 for hooking Jr. up with plugs. Glen, thanks for trading with my boy.

Great chatting with you Larry, Ted, Glenn, Joe, Bill, Paul and Chris!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

thefishingfreak
02-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Good time, makes me wanna build something.

mikecc
02-19-2011, 08:28 PM
Thanks Bruce ,John & Dan for making this years event happen.
Saw lots of new faces along with some old friends. Enjoyed chatting with you guys. I learnt a few new tricks I have to try out. Hope I helped out showing a few of my tricks.

Also thank you for your support
see you Guys & Gals at TFCTFN

ProfessorM
02-19-2011, 08:36 PM
thank you Bruce and John for again making a real fun day. Great talking to all the people and seeing all the creativity. Just an all around blast and the time goes by way too fast.

BigFish
02-19-2011, 08:45 PM
MikeCC....you and your "Plug Posse" got game!!:uhuh:

bassmaster
02-19-2011, 09:17 PM
bruce

Ryan560
02-19-2011, 09:22 PM
Thanks JohnR and Bruce and all others involved in putting this together. I learned a ton, and it was great to meet everybody. Great bunch of folks,incredibly talented.

Mokes
02-19-2011, 09:35 PM
Thanks JohnR and Bruce and all others involved in putting this together. I learned a ton, and it was great to meet everybody. Great bunch of folks,incredibly talented.

Gratz Ryan!! I heard the Danny's went over swimmingly!! Sorry I couldn't make it down!!

hardcore from shore
02-19-2011, 10:14 PM
Bruce and John, great event. Thanks to everyone for sharing. My dad and I had a great time. Great to chat with some old friends and make some new ones. I expect that Bill will be trying that micro glitter. You can teach an old dog new tricks. He was impressed with all the designs and sizes and shapes and colors, can't wait to see what he comes up with next. I also expect that he will make a great natural tiger maple needle as well, thanks for the blank. I will share pictures.

blondterror
02-19-2011, 10:32 PM
Bruce- You did a stellar job putting together a great day for everyone that attended... I could not believe how fast the day went by... it was great to meet so many great plugmakers and fisherman who appreciate the NE SB fishery.

I felt like a kid in a candy store most of the day!

Looking forward to seeing many of your on the water during the 2011 season-

Here is one picture I took of the only 90 yr old plugmaker that I know... Bill is a real treasure to chat with.

Chris

iamskippy
02-20-2011, 12:21 AM
WOW is all i can say, i am still decompressing from all the information, Tips and tricks, the idea's, styles, war stories, different jigs for plug building, how to tell who made a certain plug(real or fake) and getting to put some faces with the names. For my first time it was overwhelming, and amazing!

My favorite quote was Larry saying to me " Wow i though you would be taller" :rotf2: I'm still rolling over that one hahahahaha

Once again thanks a million to everyone who put on the event and those i chatted with what a great day! :buds:

PRBuzz
02-20-2011, 01:24 AM
1:20AM and just got home from PlugFest, well not quite just PlugFest. Great event, JohnR and BRUCE, my 1st PlugFest! 2nd Event: Piscator, Niko, Beamer, and ODM, enough said.

Tonight I learned the definition of neatness!

BILLC
02-20-2011, 08:02 AM
Great day with great friends. My son and I had a fun day with other building nuts. Lots of good wood was displayed and traded yesturday. 7 hour ride home was tough but worth it. Thanks for doing this Bruce and John and everyone else involved.:)

Bill Couch

Hookedagain
02-20-2011, 08:29 AM
Thanks to John and Bruce for putting this incredible event, and thanks to danny for working the door.(and I think you owe your father $50) Had the chance to talk to some new builders and see some regulars. Jake and I were even invited to fish with some new friends...Tysdad, and his son Tyler. Thanks guys, we're looking forward to it. Thanks to everyone who hooked my son up, he hasn't stopped talking about it and he already has a plan for Plugfest 2012!

texican
02-20-2011, 08:44 AM
Great event, great time and even better people. Thanks for all the hard work you guys put in to make this happen. My daughter had a blast and can't wait to fish. On the ride home she said she wanted to get her rod and swim some plugs...

iamskippy
02-20-2011, 08:48 AM
she said she wanted to get her rod and swim some plugs...

Priceless!

tysdad115
02-20-2011, 09:18 AM
Thanks to Bruce, John R and everyone involved. Great to finally put some people faces with plug pics. Tyler and I had a great day. We met some real quality people with amazing plug building skills. The vintage stuff was great and the how to stuff even better. Thanks again everyone.

seabuggy
02-20-2011, 09:31 AM
Thanks to all that made Plugfest 2011 a great event. Every year I walk away with new ideas and new friends. Looking forward to next year.

JohnR
02-20-2011, 10:18 AM
Awesome job all! As you usual, the bar was kept pretty high.

Bruce - can't say enough, this doesn't happen without you. I think 11th time since your garage? And the BB plug :kewl:

Danny on the door, the O'Rourkes in the back, the guys & gals helping setup, take down, cleaning, kitchening, everything, the M/B/F trio... I could go on and on :btu: . And big thanks to everyone that lifted stuff for me yesterday - severe back pain sucks severely.

I want to thank everyone for putting up with me yesterday as I am shot today. I also want to thank the generosity of everyone to help support the site.

Awesome Job !!

striperman36
02-20-2011, 10:21 AM
1:20AM and just got home from PlugFest, well not quite just PlugFest. Great event, JohnR and BRUCE, my 1st PlugFest! 2nd Event: Piscator, Niko, Beamer, and ODM, enough said.

Tonight I learned the definition of neatness!

Gee, that must have been an interesting side trip

O.D. Mike
02-20-2011, 10:48 AM
Bruce, great job! I want to thank everyone involved! It was nice to put names with faces . Had lots of fun learning new techniques and checking out all the great paint.

Makai, thanks for asking me to be a part of your project!

Congrats to all of the winners!!! It was an impressive contest plug table, some real crafty builders.

Thanks to all of the builders willing to trade with me....Its going to be a fun spring!!!!!

That was the best cold pulled pork sandwich I've ever had!!!
Love those brownies......

"Tonight I learned the definition of neatness!"
It was like being in a "Crate and Barrel" photo shoot! Much fun, good beer and good company. Beamer, can't wait to work on the project!
Impressive job on the plastic guys!
Can't wait for the next time.......

nightfighter
02-20-2011, 11:11 AM
Thanks to all who help put this annual event and put in the time to create, raising the bar every year! The sharing of product and thoughts is truly unique to this small, but obviously growing "hobby." My apologies to those who took my tacky crap, and were still willing to swap with me. I hope you have a fireplace to properly dispose of them... The few dry ones were designated to a few who have been so generous to me in past years when I have arrived emptyhanded. (I brought home a dozen that were too tacky to offer....)

The learning curve is steep, but the forum and Plugfest surely help stooges like me. Lesson 1. is to start earlier... I feel I am on track with turning, shapes, and paint. Now to spend some time on weighting, epoxy, and rigging skills. Still don't know where you guys all find so much time to get all this work done.
Great time. Need to clean up shop, and build some jigs before I start the next run...

Missed the weasels....

PRBuzz
02-20-2011, 11:27 AM
Here's some movies from action yesterday:

SBcom PlugFest 2011 pictures by PRBuzz - Photobucket (http://s772.photobucket.com/albums/yy10/PRBuzz/SBcom%20PlugFest%202011/)

Being my 1st PlugFest great time had and nice meeting everyone (not quite but...).

Rockfish9
02-20-2011, 11:40 AM
Thanks to John for sponsering this event.. and thank you Bruce for orginizing the event.. great to see old friends and meet new ones.... I was especialy inspired by the number of younger future plug builders in the audiance...

Stewie
02-20-2011, 11:57 AM
Thanks to all!

I had a great time. It was`great to talk to old friends and meet some new ones.

Lower
02-20-2011, 12:51 PM
Another big Thank you to JohnR and Bruce. Appreciate you putting this event together. I always look forward to it and never come home dissapointed. Truly enjoy catching with old friends and making new ones.

Also wanted to thank everyone who spent some time talking with my friend John. He was good freinds with Flaptail and has always had an interest in building plugs. Pretty sure his head is still spinning today. If he doesn't buy a lathe today I bet he buys one tomorrow :uhuh:.

numbskull
02-20-2011, 01:09 PM
Great time but it sucked that I had to sit next to Paul.

Wish I'd had more plugs to hand out.

Wish I'd met Frank P, and, Makai, did I meet you? If I did I didn't realize it, sorry.

BigFish
02-20-2011, 04:30 PM
Yeah sitting next to Paul sucks! All his plugs start talking to me....taunting me about how beautiful they are!!!:rotf2: Plus Paul had a huge "Throng" of admirers in front of his table all day long fighting it out for room to drool with all the folks George had in front of his table....I thought there was gonna be a brawl!!!:rotf2:

ProfessorM
02-20-2011, 06:58 PM
yoooze guys a way to nice, well not George, but he at least doesn't speak with forked tongue. Dr. truth. It was funny listening to him badger Sauerkraut all day long.

Larry I wish my stuff was as nice, clean as yours.

BigFish
02-20-2011, 07:04 PM
Paul please.....lets just agree to envy each other then ok? Loved seeing Sauerkraut yesterday!!! Alan is just a great guy!:uhuh:

stripermaineiac
02-20-2011, 10:58 PM
Hey guys thanks much . Was a great day. Got to talk with some great people and Pam and I had a fantastic time. Was well worth the ride down from Maine. Thanks again and can't wait to try some of these killer plugs I traded for. Ron and Pam

Big D
02-21-2011, 04:58 AM
Just wanted to thank John and Bruce. Had a great time again. Every year I realize how much i still have to learn. Its great to be a part of it! Also want to thank all the guys who were willing to trade. Hope the plugs i traded catch you a fish! Happy trails.

FrankR
02-21-2011, 09:21 AM
This was my first time ,hopefully not the last. Got to see some old friends and meet some new friends. Gained some new knowledge and passed some on. Enjoyed talking to rockfish, vineyard and old man, lots of info from them. Even got to do some trades and get some great stuff. A big thanks to John and Bruce for a great event.

stripercrazy
02-21-2011, 09:31 AM
:buds: great seeing everyone saterday, great time....great people:happy:

angler229
02-21-2011, 09:50 AM
Had a great time hanging with friends. Thanks Bruce.

fishbones
02-21-2011, 11:24 AM
Huge thanks to Slipknot, Danny (for working the door), JohnR and everyone else who helped put on the event! It was my first Plugfest and I had a great time, despite getting there late due to a sick child and wife at home. I could have spent the entire time at Professor M and Numbskull's table admiring the unbelievable craftsmanship on the plugs and bags there. I'm glad I didn't spend the whole time there, though. There was so much quality in terms of plugs, flies, etc... in that room that my head was spinning. It was great seeing people who I haven't seen in a while and also meeting some new people who I will hopefully get a chance to fish with this year. I'm so glad I was able to make it, even if it was for a short time.

Special thanks to OD Mike for hooking me up with some awesome plugs to trade. I scored some real nice stuff on Saturday, not to mention winning a real cool SB.com spook made by Slipknot in the raffle.

OLD GOAT
02-21-2011, 11:42 AM
Just wanted to say that I had a great time and already forgot half the names. Thank You everyone.
PS If I do a good job cutting Capesams grass he might bring me next year. Hope so.

Swimmer
02-21-2011, 12:31 PM
Thats what the event is, plug heaven.