View Full Version : THIS is how we treat our vets.

UserRemoved
02-21-2011, 11:07 AM
Wounded Iraq veteran jeered for speaking in Columbia University ROTC debate - NYPOST.com (http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/hero_unwelcome_Zi3u1fwtRpo87vXAiAQfSN)

A S S S H O L E S S S S S

:smash:

spence
02-21-2011, 12:43 PM
I think stories like these get blown way out of proportion.

Certainly its reprehensible behavior, but who's the "we" here? It would seem an ultra thin minority of anti-military leftists at one of the most liberal universities in the nation. They've always been there an always will, but represent what? Less than 1% of the population?

Props to Maschek for standing up and speaking at what he knows isn't a military friendly environment. He's one lucky guy to be alive.

-spence

UserRemoved
02-21-2011, 01:03 PM
Not sure how you see this as blown out of proportion Jeff. They jeered, booed and hissed the guy.

I'd like to teach some of these #^&#^&#^&#^&s what the word RESPECT means.

He is lucky to be alive. He's in a wheelchair so these spineless #^&#^&#^&#^&s can go to college.

spence
02-21-2011, 01:09 PM
Not sure how you see this as blown out of proportion Jeff. They jeered, booed and hissed the guy.
I'm not sure they were jeering HIM, they're jeering militarism in general. It could have been anybody in his place and they would have given them the same response.

Agree it's shameless behavior from almost anyone's perspective, but we're talking about the really, really, really far left fringe here. Not many people are real pacifists you know...

-spence

UserRemoved
02-21-2011, 01:11 PM
I took it as they jeered him. Understand what your saying, for once I agree :devil2:

spence
02-21-2011, 01:36 PM
I took it as they jeered him. Understand what your saying, for once I agree :devil2:

Don't let it go to your head.

I do think coming off of two long wars there's going to be a lot more pressure on universities that don't allow recruiting or ROTC to do so.

There's simply going to be a lot more vets in schools, with kids in schools etc...

-spence

UserRemoved
02-21-2011, 02:34 PM
I won't let it happen again Spence :rotf2:

Don't let it go to your head.

I do think coming off of two long wars there's going to be a lot more pressure on universities that don't allow recruiting or ROTC to do so.

There's simply going to be a lot more vets in schools, with kids in schools etc...

-spence

RIROCKHOUND
02-22-2011, 07:26 AM
It is a sad response. I was 100% Iraq and am becoming 100% Afghanistan at this point. Support the soldiers, even if you are not supporting the war!

Jeffy is probably right. I'm curious HOW many were doing it? Out of the crowd, was it 1? 10? 100? 1000?

Jim in CT
02-22-2011, 09:09 AM
I'm not sure they were jeering HIM, they're jeering militarism in general. It could have been anybody in his place and they would have given them the same response.

Agree it's shameless behavior from almost anyone's perspective, but we're talking about the really, really, really far left fringe here. Not many people are real pacifists you know...

-spence

Spence, I wonder what would have to happen for you to say, just one time, "boy those liberals were really wrong on this one".

The called the guy a "racist".

This isn't the far left fringe. They're not moderate Democrats, I'll grant you that. But there are many so-called liberal schools in the US that have banned ROTC. This garbage is taught at a lot of college campuses, and academia isn't the fringe of the left, it's the core of the left.

How smart do you have to be to conclude that if you don't like military policy, than take issue with the politicians who make that policy, not the 19 year old corporal with his boots on the ground!

"they're jeering militarism in general"

Equally stupid. What would these kids have done in 1944? Stormed the beaches at Normandy wwaving signs that say "Coexist" and "Visualize Peace"?

These kids welcomed the president of Iran with open arms, but jeer this seargant.

saltfly
02-27-2011, 03:29 PM
Spence, I wonder what would have to happen for you to say, just one time, "boy those liberals were really wrong on this one".

The called the guy a "racist".

This isn't the far left fringe. They're not moderate Democrats, I'll grant you that. But there are many so-called liberal schools in the US that have banned ROTC. This garbage is taught at a lot of college campuses, and academia isn't the fringe of the left, it's the core of the left.

How smart do you have to be to conclude that if you don't like military policy, than take issue with the politicians who make that policy, not the 19 year old corporal with his boots on the ground!

"they're jeering militarism in general"

Equally stupid. What would these kids have done in 1944? Stormed the beaches at Normandy wwaving signs that say "Coexist" and "Visualize Peace"?

These kids welcomed the president of Iran with open arms, but jeer this seargant.

:uhuh: also they're NOT kids.