View Full Version : SeaTow good insurance or overkill?

Got Stripers
01-02-2001, 05:20 PM
I've got a good Boat policy from Travelers, however it's limited to $400 under the commercial towing, delivery of gas etc, or boat trailer roadside service. I'm trying to decide if on top of that I should add the $95 per year for SeaTow. Called the SeaTow guy in Scituate and the average tow could apparently easily exceed the $400, plus the cost of the tow would be out of pocket anyway.

I normally launch out of Scituate, unless weather outside forces me into or Hingham Harbor. Even so, I doubt any tow would be farther than 7-10 miles from the ramp I launched. Just trying to decide if 14 years of boating without ever needing a tow is pushing my luck, or will my luck hold out and is the standard insurance enough?

Just curious what you guys think about Insurance and SeaTow. Thanks and tight lines.

Saltheart
01-02-2001, 05:30 PM
I think its worth getting. Just in case! Especially if you are boating on the outside.

Slipknot
01-02-2001, 06:09 PM
I have a Travelers policy also and with the 400 dollar towing included. I don't bother with the additional expense. You don't go that far do you? Besides if you offer another boater a few bucks you can usually get a tow.