View Full Version : ABCF - maybe we should start and get organized

rphud
02-23-2011, 08:24 AM
The American Craft Beer Fest is the East Coast's largest celebration of craft beers. June 3 and 4 at the Boston Seaport. I usually go to the Friday night session just because it is a bit more beer centered as opposed to drinking centered. Maybe we can have the first annual S-B gathering at a beer thing. Feel free to chime in. I could move to Saturday if the consensus leans that way.

JohnR
02-23-2011, 09:06 AM
Interested but tides take precedence ;)

rphud
02-24-2011, 07:39 AM
Looks to be prime time, but we could still catch the last half of the outgoing afterwards.

JohnR
02-24-2011, 10:48 AM
I don't drink when I fish, I might partake afterward, but otherwise :buds: just gets in the way of :fishin::love:

spence
02-24-2011, 12:33 PM
I don't drink when I fish, I might partake afterward, but otherwise :buds: just gets in the way of :fishin::love:

I had a beer once while out on the rocks...nearly killed myself.

-spence

The Dad Fisherman
02-24-2011, 01:47 PM

Yeah, I'm the same way.....and i usually have a beverage or 2 chilling in the eel bucket for afterwards

fishbones
02-24-2011, 02:29 PM
Yeah, I'm the same way.....and i usually have a beverage or 2 chilling in the eel bucket for afterwards

You may be on to something. Eel Slime Ale. "Made by fishermen, for fishermen"

I never drink before or during a fishing trip from shore or boat. I'm clumsy enough and enough of a wise-ass without adding alcohol. I try to hit a bar on the way home if it's early enough, though. There's a bar in Wareham that is good to stop into on Thursday nights if you're in the area. Attractive female bartenders in lingerie. :devil2:

rphud
03-10-2011, 08:13 AM
Just for the record, I do not drink before or during fishing from shore or boat. ABCF runs two nights, so you can fish one night and hit the fest on the other.