View Full Version : leader making tool

new jack
02-25-2011, 08:20 PM
Over the years I have had lots of trouble making leaders. I have short, fat sausage fingers and I have hand tremors which make it very hard to tie knots. So to help me out I made the simplest little tool to make the process easier. All you need is a piece of plug building wire and a pair of needle nose pliers.

The swivels in the picture are spro size 6 (80lbs) swivels. (they are micro).

this also works on hooks and snaps.

new jack
02-25-2011, 08:22 PM
it has a snap so you can not lose what you are tieing on.

Slipknot
02-26-2011, 07:33 AM
That's good Greg
maybe you could improve it by adding a wooden handle so it's easier to hang on to? I don't know how you'd do that though, just a thought.

iamskippy
02-26-2011, 08:12 AM
i have been looking for a good steel leader making kit anyone have any suggestions.

HESH2
02-26-2011, 08:24 AM
check out lordship lures video my friend george damato won a free plug for making a leader tying tool same thing you show except adds a piece of wood dowel and tape to use as a tool to tighten knot.

BassDawg
02-26-2011, 08:15 PM
Over the years I have had lots of trouble making leaders. I have short, fat sausage fingers and I have hand tremors which make it very hard to tie knots. So to help me out I made the simplest little tool to make the process easier. All you need is a piece of plug building wire and a pair of needle nose pliers.

The swivels in the picture are spro size 6 (80lbs) swivels. (they are micro).

this also works on hooks and snaps.

if you are who i THINK you are(M&D's guy),

then you have a WINNER here, Greg!!! one of the single best things added to my arsenal last year. made tieing leaders a snap! especially when having to tie the swivel part which i was using pliers for. i can't thank you enough for the confidence and efficiency your little jewel gave me last season. a MUST HAVE for every leader wallet.
:claps: :claps: :claps: