View Full Version : 1985 Bass Tracker v-16 (aluminum)

schoolie monster
04-08-2003, 01:44 PM
1985 18 hp mercury outboard (long shaft/tiller steer)
42lb thrust bow mount minn kota all-terrain (freshwater/24volt)
2 - 12 volt batteries
front pole seat/2 folding seats
livewell
bilge
nav lights
2 - 6 gallon gas tanks
extra props for outboard and electric motors
and some other crap

The trailer is getting up there and needs work or replaced, but is functional. Tires are only 3 years old.

The motor runs well, but I think the fuel pump is starting to go as sometimes it takes a minute to get full power. Its also a manual start (you know, rope) and is tough to start cold. It could probably take a few hundred bucks of work.

I was going to put some money into it and store it at the cape for easy access, but have no $$ cause of new babies and my wife is sick of looking at it and I'm sick of listening to her.

Contacted Helping Hands of America to donate it (very painless) but figured I'd see if any of you guys were looking for a utility boat for freshwater/limited saltwater use, such as bays, ponds and rivers. I fished one season in Boston Harbor with it (only season in saltwater).

I'm supposed to call the guy early next week when I'm ready for a pick-up so make an offer... If I fixed the motor and replaced the trailer, I'd probably want around $2000...

so "as is" maybe $1200. PM me if you have interest... I did take some shots of it last summer when I was thinking of unloading it and I can post or email them. I just don't have them with me.

JohnR
04-08-2003, 02:15 PM
I've been on this boat before - it's a decent boat and worth that kind of coin. Great inside bay boat not good for Cuttyhunk though...

It's not a alluminum shell... It has floors, carpeting (bass boat style).

schoolie monster
04-24-2003, 01:16 PM
Just wanted to update this section to confirm the boat is gone. I donated it to Helping Hands of America and proceeds will go to the Lupus(sp?) Foundation.