View Full Version : new to the forum and to building

striper junkie
03-02-2011, 03:16 PM
I'm new here and just wanted to say hi and throw up some pics of the first batch. Looks like there are some builders here with alot of talent. Hope to learn alot, and I'm sure I will. I wish i learned about this site before plugfest, looks like it was a good time. Thanks for having me aboard!

-Jimmy

Sorry if the pic is blurry - from my crappy cell phone

Raven
03-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Here at S-B we take care of those things like Magic

Nice plugs SJJ ! way ta go :wave:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/ravenob1/STRIPER--JUNKIEPLUGS.png

striper junkie
03-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Thanks raven! I'll figure it out

Muskyslayer96
03-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Welcome Jimmy

Nice plugs!

MS

Backbeach Jake
03-02-2011, 08:18 PM
First Batch!!?? C'mon...my firsts were painted sticks..Nice job!

blondterror
03-02-2011, 08:46 PM
Great first batch... nice painting skills!

striper junkie
03-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Thnaks everyone. I have a tone of blanks that need to be sealed, etc. and a few more painted ones that need to be etexed. I've been experimenting with different woods recently and have been slacking on finising my plugs:). Planned on drilling weight holes tonight but ended up running into my uncle who brought me some birch he cut down on his farm in maine, so I had to turn some needles:biglaugh: It was my first time turning birch - tough to turn but I like it so far. Lets hope they swim the way I think they will!

seabuggy
03-03-2011, 10:27 PM
Great batch of plugs. Keep them coming. Welcome

iamskippy
03-03-2011, 10:30 PM
we here at S-B.com also offer some friendly plug/jig/rig/plastic etc. testing, if you need something tested please feel free to met me at the ditch or send a package via the mail and myself and other members will be sure to put them threw vigorous testing and provide you will any and all feedback.

Hookset
03-04-2011, 06:30 AM
Welcome, great information on this site and more importantly lots of people who are great at plug building and love to share! I have learned an incredible amount from everyone on this site.

Nice Plugs, now go get some bite marks in them!

Slipknot
03-04-2011, 07:02 AM
welcome to the site
good looking plugs there :btu:
let's see them with battle scars later on:uhuh:

JMAC_kerel
03-04-2011, 09:51 AM
I wish my firsts looked that good. Nice job and welcome. I think I may have seen that slim blue one before and it is a beauty. Actually I believe we live in the same town if your the person I think you are.

striper junkie
03-04-2011, 11:44 AM
I can't wait to see some battle scars myself. I'm headin down to the chessapeek(spelling?) in a couple weeks to hopefull get a head start.

I wish my firsts looked that good. Nice job and welcome. I think I may have seen that slim blue one before and it is a beauty. Actually I believe we live in the same town if your the person I think you are.

Yep born and raised in Melrose, MA! Maybe we can talk plugs/trade sometime. I should probly just put melrose as my hometown.