View Full Version : Why John, I had no Idea...

Sweetieface
04-08-2003, 02:16 PM
You were such a stud....

(I'm a fat, 40 year old, has been, beer guzzling guy and need the extra water )

No need to brag about it!!!!!

Can anyone else describe themselves to sound so delicious??

Homerun04
04-08-2003, 02:20 PM
Why not add balding???.......:D

JohnR
04-08-2003, 02:21 PM
That was in response to a former member's reasoning that we were only good to him for information and that we were all a bunch of know nothing lowlifes that stopped responding to his 40 questions per day
(of which 20 were the same question - where are your fish - :smash: )

I'm not fat, big boned maybe :doh: , 34 (but have the grey hair and knees of a 50 YO, has been? Nah, never was, beer guzzling? Nah the weight happened AFTER I stopped drinking :cheers: , and I am not a fan of dehydration :)

Howze Dat? :laughs:

HR - Why not add balding???....... NEVER going bald - I punnish hair scissors and thinning sheers

Sweetieface
04-08-2003, 02:22 PM
ya, and if you have a lame leg or are missing some fingers, that would work to your advantage too...And teeth. You limited to 5 teeth???

Maybe this could be a fishing-dating page... I can see it now:

<<Striped-bass.com, "hooking" up freaks who would normally never get dates on their own for over 20 years!>>

JohnR
04-08-2003, 02:29 PM
Hmmm, Dating page? My wife would probably get tweaked but WTH :D

Saltheart
04-08-2003, 02:36 PM
I'm a distinguished looking 49 year old (soon be even more distinguished at 50) . I sip my beer with my pinky extended. I swish the beer between my teeth to get the gas out so I never burp or fart.

I dress in high fashion hooded sweatshirts. I seldom use my sleeves to wipe my nose on a cold blowy night. I'm so neat all the time that my shirts stay clean so I never wash them (that stuff on the front is a modern art design) .

I never lose my temper or use profanities. If someone or something is annoying me , I simply say "God Bless".

I seldom pick my nose or scratch my butt when someone is watching. If I have been digging for buggers , I always wipe my hands on my pants before shaking someones hand. I do sometimes scratch my balls but any reasonable person would understand that its just a nervous twitch that makes me feel good inside. :)

JohnR
04-08-2003, 02:49 PM
Hey Saltheart - want to rewrite that last sentence a little :laughs:

SF - I also have a full set of teeth that I do not talk thru while clenched...

schoolie monster
04-08-2003, 03:16 PM
I thought we were all fat, beer guzzling 40 year olds, or did I misread?

As for me, SF, picture James Bond... tux, cool car, cool accent, gets all the chics, etc... I'm nothing like that.

Don't trust Saltheart, I'm pretty sure I've seen him picking his nose before.

Homerun04
04-08-2003, 03:21 PM
Next thing you know we'll be adding pictures here......hey, not a bad idea....who wants to start??......:laughs:

Van
04-08-2003, 04:33 PM
[i]I seldom pick my nose or scratch my butt when someone is watching. If I have been digging for buggers , I always wipe my hands on my pants before shaking someones hand. I do sometimes scratch my balls but any reasonable person would understand that its just a nervous twitch that makes me feel good inside. [/B]

Way too much information !!!!

You guys are too funny;)

Jenn
04-08-2003, 06:48 PM
um saltheart....please tell me you dont twitch and pick when wrapping rods......:eek:

as for me I am 5'9" 135 pounds and a lingerie model...any questions???

ok.ok...so I fibbed a LITTLE.....:rolleyes: :D

Homerun04
04-08-2003, 06:54 PM
Jenn - with that description - yes, one question.......are you single?.....

Got Stripers
04-08-2003, 07:15 PM
The match game thread, or is this the dating game thread, or soon to be divorced you said too much thread:). I'm so sure of who I am, that I couldn't give a rat's ass what I look like or who I impress. I fish therefore I am. I've lit my share of farts on fire, not because I needed to, but because I've had people in the room I knew would take offense. I have that sick twisted sense of humor in me:), I'm always looking to embarrass and humiliate those that aren't prepared. Yes I've ripped a few in a closed car as well, not because I couldn't hold it, but because the reaction was going to be far more fun. If a girl is interested in what action my rod is, then jot her number down for later please:) and remember I always have rubbers:).

STRIPER77
04-08-2003, 08:25 PM
Best thread I've seen in a while.:happy: :happy: :happy:
But most can't take the truth.:rocketem: :rocketem: Don't know about you, but I'm only good from after dawn 'til just before dusk.:D

macojoe
04-08-2003, 08:49 PM
Lets see I am fat, 40, balding, no teeth, with great legs!! Do I win the prize?? :happy:

Saltheart
04-08-2003, 09:50 PM
Come on Sweetieface. Lets hear the truth about you!!??!! :)

And no John , that last sentence came out just the way I wanted! :) :devil:

SALTSHAKER
04-08-2003, 10:16 PM
Well as long as we're doing it this way here's my dimes worth... 64, just a little over weight, balding to be distingquished looking, don't have all my teeth.... not as good as I once was, but I am as good once as I ever was......... dating thread might be a good un John....like a full moon LOL

Surfpirate
04-09-2003, 01:20 AM
About me.
I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate ethnic slurs for Cuban refugees, I write award winning operas and I manage time efficiently. Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row. I woo women with my sensuous and godlike trombone playing, I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook Thirty-Minute Brownies in twenty minutes. I am an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru. Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello, I was scouted by the Mets, I am the subject of numerous documentaries. When I'm bored, I build large suspension bridges in my yard. I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, after work, I repair electrical appliances free of charge. I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie. Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear. I don’t perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. Last summer I toured New Jersey with a traveling centrifugal-force demonstration. I bat 400. My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles. Children trust me. I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I once read Paradise Lost, Moby #^&#^&#^&#^&, and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed several covert operations with the CIA. I sleep once a week; when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery hostage. I frolic, I balance, I weave, I dodge and all my bills are paid. On weekends, to let off steam I participate in full contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. I have won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin. I have played Hamlet, I have performed open-heart surgery, and I go striper fishing with Elvis, regularly.

43, 5ft 8, twisted steel and sex appeal!!!

JohnR
04-09-2003, 06:41 AM
On weekends, to let off steam I participate in full contact origami. What more can be said by that? Full contact origami :laughs:

Homerun04
04-09-2003, 08:13 AM
Hey SP - my long lost brother!!

chris L
04-09-2003, 08:36 AM
this discribes me best .
De plane de plane ! just longer hair .

fishsmith
04-09-2003, 09:21 AM
We all look the same, great! Just drink beer:

http://www.mikeleo.com/beer/beer.swf

Van
04-09-2003, 09:35 AM
FS:

Funny Link....Beer Goggles at work....

:laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

Billybob
04-09-2003, 10:23 AM
Every girl's crazy bout a sharp-dressed man! Specially when the fumes kick in!
http://www.classicseacraft.com/Sirotnak23sprayingconsole.jpg

Sweetieface
04-09-2003, 11:18 AM
John, it appears that you are not the only Hunk on the boards eh???

To Saltheart I say: I am absolutely salivating. Truly.

To Got Stripers: You sound like a real catch. No pun intended. You live in a house, and your soul is at sea, but I'm curious to know where your pride resides?

Jenn: I feel your pain. I, too, am a lingerie model. Only due to time constraints, I like to split my days between lingerie modeling and old-fashioned runway modeling. Of course, sometimes I am able to kill 2 birds with 1 stone on weeks such as this, when the Victoria's Secret Lingerie Show will air on channel 17 for those in the southern Hemisphere. And while I am impressed with your stats, I am a 6'4", 104lb bombshell. A strong wind can take me out, but I can fit into anything at 5-7-9 stores. (please don't sneeze around me either)

Macojoe: While "nothing beats a great pair of leggs," I'm sorry, but you don't win today.

And last but by no means least, Surfpirate. What can I say? Your depiction of your Spiderman meets Betty Crocker, Kenny G meets MacGuyver, Ernest Hemingway meets Lisa Simpson, Mel Gibson meets Martha Stewart, Michaelangelo-Rainman-Albert Einstein-Jack Ryan-Barishnikoff-Mr. Miagi (both wax on AND wax off)-Insomniac-Canuck-Hannibal Lechter Surgeon skilled-Sporting the "Regular-Guy Look" personality grabs my attention. It does. However, the:

quote:
I go fishing regularly with Elvis

quote leads me to believe that perhaps you are not being entirely truthful with me, and I must declare that you are not the winner either.

Anybody else???

STEVE IN MASS
04-09-2003, 11:44 AM
I can cook......:D

macojoe
04-09-2003, 11:47 AM
I do Laundry......

Sweetieface
04-09-2003, 12:25 PM
Can anybody do both? Anybody?? Anybody???

Steve K
04-09-2003, 12:26 PM
This sounds like an episode of the Bachelorette, though I have never watched the show.

JohnR
04-09-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Sweetieface
Can anybody do both? Anybody?? Anybody??? I have to be able to as I need to clean all the splatter and spill from when I cook :D

Jimbo
04-09-2003, 01:01 PM
SF, I can do both cooking and laundry (gourmet meals, but I don't fold), however, I am probably not the running because my wife had me neutered a few years back.

Sweetieface
04-09-2003, 01:06 PM
Well,
Since it started as a game to see who could describe themselves as well as John,
and it turned into a contest to see who is the....I guess the: all-over most well-rounded striped-bass.com man.....
I guess it shouldn't matter if you're married. Its not a dating thing, and the prize you win isn't a date....

...what IS the prize you win?

Ya got me on that one.....

So we've got some cookers, some cleaners, and some laundry doers....but some non-folders.

Who likes to decorate?? Any takers? Or does your living room consist of just a deer head and a couch? (and those of you married guys, what WOULD your living room consist of if not for lace doilies and elephant figurines...LOL!)

macojoe
04-09-2003, 02:40 PM
Not a very good decorater, But I paint real well!! My wife has had repaint the main rooms 3 times in the last 10 years. The Kids room twice. My daughter out grew Po Bear.
The thing I don't get is this Drape thing!! Man I will tell you they got to be changed in the spring, winter, hoildays, O yea god forbid if they are 1/16th of a inch off one side :smash: I would be happy with nothing on the windows :happy: But the wife said everyone would be looking in. I said what they going to see ;) Just hang a sheet up there.

chris L
04-09-2003, 03:06 PM
Im too short to reach the stove , the windows or the laundry machines . although Im tall enough to get stuck in the dryer . I once tried for a job as a McDonalds counter person but they said I was too short and the customers wouldnt beable to see me to give their orders , so they let me sweep the floor but the handle was too long so they cut it down but the broom was to large to push so now Im a bowling ball ( midget bowling ) maybe youve heard of it before . Im a good dancer we would make a good couple you 6'4 me 4'3 .

Billybob
04-09-2003, 03:37 PM
C'mon Sweetieface real men belong in the garage and eat takeout, and don't usually live in Rhody - but I don't need any prizes, I never win anyway.

Here's what I mean:
Before:
http://www.printroom.com/album_thumb6/20021204022037198013.JPG
After:

http://www.printroom.com/album_thumb6/20021204022053401013.JPG

Now what would it take to put you in this fine 90 Jetta young lady, it's only got about 130,000 old lady church- going miles on it.

Got Stripers
04-09-2003, 03:41 PM
Buy a bag of my baits SF, each one is packed with pride, in fact it's part of my special sauce:).

A rod rack or two would be central in any of my decoration plans. The bathroom must have large capacity mag. holders, since On The Water is like too big for most. Garage, oh if only I could get myself out of the basement, for I'm not a mushroom and don't like the dark.

SALTSHAKER
04-09-2003, 03:43 PM
Here in is a conpetely domesticated man.... cook, laundry, even changed a few diapers..l(before the pampers} AND I do windows....am oldie but a goodie..

Scotch Bonnet
04-09-2003, 05:47 PM
Surfpirate, I haven't laughed that hard in a while:laughs:

shore manic
04-09-2003, 07:27 PM
47 yr. old construction wkr.some hair loss,have most teeth,5'11 228lbs.about 10lbs.more than i should be.i'm a jeans and flannel type of guy. 2 blown out knees and time for disability.i'm a renter.also have mini blinds and no curtains.my livingroom has a skylight,regulator clock which i have to wind!new trac a rod(rod rack)on the wallw/8 rods and reels.ocean pictures and a few houseplants.i have a recliner and another sofa type chair.no couch!way too many antiques and 1900's tobacco tins and lunchbox types. i cook,clean,and vacuumn on my own.sometimes dust on rare occasions and i wash dishes by hand!!! :af: some times i go out and party too much like i'm still 20 something.can't dance but have been known to sing at karaoke nights.i have 14 yr. old son who lives with his mom,whom i still get along with. my hobbie is the outdoors! all of it and all that goes with it.i like auto racing and go whenever i can.taking my son to daytona in july and can't wait:happy: p.s also have had problems with the law in the past!! nothing too serious no felonies.well i guess that's about it.if there's anything here that interests ya. ask away! ed,

Jenn
04-09-2003, 09:18 PM
HA!HA! This is all quite funny! I needed a good laugh!

sweetieface...yes its a tough life isnt it???? (hey I know I'm fat and my mother...ok, I dress myself funny.....so I found laughing at myself is pretty good therapy!!!)

homerun...sorry bud....happily married (well I AM....still dont know why my hubby puts up with my crap !!!....:rolleyes: ;) :D ) so it looks like you'll have to find yourself some other supermodel!!!!:laughs:

mikecc
04-09-2003, 09:28 PM
Who likes to decorate?? Any takers? Or does your living room consist of just a deer head and a couch?

OK who making fun of the way I decorate. I got some room on another wall.:D

Surfpirate
04-10-2003, 12:51 AM
Not the winner?

and I was gonna have you join Elvis and myself on your birthday!

Dano is managed now and then by MGA Enterprises*. (*when they can find him)

MountainBreeze
04-10-2003, 06:53 AM
Fat??? Yeah, that's me!

I'm a 35 yr old, "back-in-da'-day" wishin', fat Bstd' that just wants to get out and FISH!

Oh, I'd add lazy but, like my hearing, it's selective! ;)

Got Stripers
04-10-2003, 07:26 AM
If I'm not in my boat or in the cellar pouring, the only room I care about is my office. A quick look around shows I'm stuck in a rut for decorating, maybe I'll have to pick up hunting again, to add some contrast:). http://www.ledgerunnerbaits.com/office.jpg What's not in my boat for rods is crammed in two rod racks in a corner and what man cave is complete without a dart board:).http://www.ledgerunnerbaits.com/office1.jpg Then above the book case is an old lady that wanted to play off Pegoty Beach in Scituate one fine day.http://www.ledgerunnerbaits.com/office2.jpg Below and beside is a little frig for hm soda.

JohnR
04-10-2003, 07:36 AM
GS - I think your dart board is hung wrong - cork should be 5 feet, 8 inches from the floor. Hollywood always screws it up... :cheers:

Maybe Coddingtons would sponsor a S-B dart team, winter only of course :) ....

Ed B
04-10-2003, 07:55 AM
MikeCC that's a beautiful trout on the wall. How big? Did you get it locally ?

Got stripers nice fishes how big?

ED

Sweetieface
04-10-2003, 09:37 AM
Mikecc,

I am loving the picture of your place!!! The one-lace curtain thing slays me!! The deer is great, the fish - perfect, but once I saw the dead carcasses all over your couch, I started cracking up!!!!

Billybob, I might have to be completely unconsious to be found in your jetta! lol!!!

See? You guys can decorate. Dartboards, dead animals sprawled on couches, it all looks great! When I said decorate, I wasnt expecting Martha Stewart linens and daisy chains strung up everywhere. You all do very well. I am impressed.

What a great way to get to know the gang. Now, when I meet you all at a show, can I come up to you and rattle off some of your stats? Like: Hey, you're '40, balding, losing teeth, does his own laundry??' You must be So and So.???!!!

Billybob
04-10-2003, 10:45 AM
O.K. Sweetieface the gig is up.It's not my Jetta, I did it for my son and for him, it's the bomb.I drive a pickup, I'll be 44 next week,I do decorate (well I pick the colors when I remodel),and I sometimes cook (I even make stuffed cabbage, cause the wife won't), never laundry though - the only one getting excited over me these days is my golden retreiver - and I'm kinda liking it that way.
And I DO like Rhody people, I even spend my vacation there - hell I got Rhody envy - it's one BIG BEACH, and they got BLOCK- we got Fishers, but it's not even ours, it's New York's!
So put a fork in me I'm done, I withdraw from this contest - wait a minute what was the prize anyway? :cheers:

JohnR
04-10-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Sweetieface
Now, when I meet you all at a show, can I come up to you and rattle off some of your stats? Like: Hey, you're '40, balding, losing teeth, does his own laundry??' You must be So and So.???!!! Right out of Dale Carnegie's "How to win freinds & influence people" :)

Ahh, you're the guy that is aways scratching your..... :laughs:

Got Stripers
04-10-2003, 02:51 PM
:)LMAO John, your right, I'll have to think twice now before shaking Salthearts hand again.

Ed B the stripers are 42 and 43 lbers, largemouth is an 8.2 and the pickeral was pushing 5 lbs.

mikecc
04-11-2003, 09:02 PM
that's a beautiful trout on the wall. How big? Did you get it locally ?

Brown Trout 6 lb 11 oz caught on a Rapala

Closer than you think !! local river

LINESIDES
04-12-2003, 03:42 PM
See if this works!
I’m old, no teeth, over wait, social drinker, neat, clean, don’t smoke, have all my hair.
“When fishing for Stripers I am considered by my peers to be one of the top predators in my field.”
:cool: