View Full Version : How about a GITEFMTF event?

FishermanTim
03-03-2011, 12:04 PM
That's "Gas Is Too Expensive For Me To Fish"

If we get $5.00 a gallon, vacation travel and recreational fishing will be sharply cut back.
I feel sorry for the Cape, as they will surely see a drastic reduction in vacation $$.

Of course this is based on what is currently being forecast.

BigFish
03-03-2011, 12:18 PM
You will see the Cape pick up in my opinion! Long distance travel will be reduced but Cape Cod is only a 2-3 hour ride for most and will surely see an influx in the positive for tourism this season! Its the trips north to the mountains that will take a hit I think. Just my .02 cents.

JohnR
03-03-2011, 02:45 PM
We may start a Ride Share program, quickly followed by Plug Share, and Eel Share. Drawing the line before Wader share though.

zimmy
03-03-2011, 03:08 PM
didn't we have this conversation several years ago. I feel like it's deja. Lucky for me, it looks like my next vehicle is getting released in electric

http://www.ctpost.com/business/article/VW-unveils-new-model-of-microbus-loved-by-hippies-1036096.php#photo-5

Saltheart
03-03-2011, 04:09 PM
High gas prices both reduce travel and spare income in general. If you are spending an extra $50 a week on gas for nescessity traveling , that money reduces what's in your pocket for "fun money". So its a double wammy when a nescessity doubles in price.

JohnnyD
03-03-2011, 04:13 PM
Starting to look I'll be doing a whole lot more sweetwater fishing this year.

Rob Rockcrawler
03-03-2011, 04:55 PM
I will probably cut back on a few trips here and there. Like taking a drive down to soco after work in worcester, i will save it for a friday and stay the weekend.

Swimmer
03-03-2011, 05:10 PM
Just no extras. Gas only purchases. #^&#^&#^&#^& dunks, bring your own joe trips.

tattoobob
03-03-2011, 05:56 PM
Right now Just for work I am spending $130 a week, if it goes up to five bucks a gallon I won't be able to afford to go to work never mind go fishing,

Raven
03-03-2011, 09:03 PM
i figured this was gonna happen long ago http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/ravenob1/nod.gif
[[[ For what ever reason ]]]

so, we made changes accordingly and made many sacrifices

....150 gallons of heating oil
just delivered today for over 500 dollars and we try to only use it
to heat water for showers with it and hopefully make it last all summer.

round trip now to work soon will be 16 miles
and before it was 108... for the Biotech woman
in about one more month,, that is

i work at home BASE. http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/ravenob1/nod.gif but use gas for equipment sparingly.

MAKAI
03-03-2011, 09:29 PM
My truck gets 9 miles a gallon. ( need it for work )
35 gallon tank.
Fill it up every 3-4 days.

Why do I feel that if I was a crimalien the state would be paying for the gas.

We are just the lemmings for big buisness and big goverment.
:confused:

zimmy
03-04-2011, 03:03 PM
Actually, it is big goverment posing as limited goverment subsidizing oil companies that has kept gas so relatively cheap compared to other goods. Government subsidizes oil companies, prices for us in terms of at the pump stay low, we have no incentive for fuel efficiency and consume more gas, oil companies pocket the dough. If you can afford the investment for a truck that gets 18 mpg, then your gas costs are cut in half. You should be able to deduct it as a business expense and save a bundle at even $4 a gallon. Helps the economy too when you buy a new truck. It really may be cheaper in the end too.

BasicPatrick
03-04-2011, 09:46 PM
20 minutes from my door to the Canal...11 minutes to Barnstable Harbor...13 minutes to Cotuit...26 minutes to Stage Harbor...I'm Good